Due for "retraining"

upschuck

One of the problems with UPS, is that it is way to compartmentalized. Let's give the $50+/hr more time, instead of the $15/hr guy. The main focus(of the higher ups) should be to lower the cost on the entire operation of a particular building, and not just your area.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
One of the problems with UPS, is that it is way to compartmentalized. Let's give the $50+/hr more time, instead of the $15/hr guy. The main focus(of the higher ups) should be to lower the cost on the entire operation of a particular building, and not just your area.

Precisely.

While the entire operation really has no true beginning or end, bringing in the preloaders earlier will increase load quality and a quicker wrap time, which equals less AM time and better production for the drivers which gets them back earlier which allows the unload to wrap early and the preload to begin early.

But yes, me and the two guys next to me will each work 10 minutes wrapping our trucks at $33 an hour while the $10 per hour preloader is sent home early after a ridiculously late start time.

llamainmypocket

Ups doesn't have much sense at the level past the hub. They push for pph then they push for delivery times as if there's no relationship between the two. Supervisors have few options and the best one is usually drinking the koolade. Do ups a favor and use your 11$ an hour to give your 50$ an hour driver a load that saves him as much time as possible.

The PPH game is never a game you're going to win. If you rock the belt then they'll give you more stuff until you stack out. Falling into the trap where you allow the package flow to dictate load quality will leave you with more and more stuff and crappier and crappier loads until all your drivers go ballistic. Then you'll have your drivers and supervisors thinking you suck instead of just one side. Nothing more awesome than sweating balls for poverty pay while being thought as a piece of crap by everyone.

The best you can do is leave your drivers happy and take what you can get from supervisors. The koolade is strong in this company, cut your sups a little slack. Don't judge.

saskat

Paying me another 20 minutes at $11 an hour so I can make everything look great and save all three of my drivers 20 minutes at top driver pay would make far more sense. 20mins@$11 < 60mins@$33 but we're not in the common sense business.