Dumb questions

10 point

When asked about the contents I just read the shippers name on the label and 9 times out of 10 they figure it out quickly.

No one has to be rude but if it happens repetitively at the same stop I'd say it's time to politely inform them that you are allotted x amount of minutes per stop and you'll then need to be moving on to the next customer.

In about twenty years I've only had two people gripe and normally a smile makes the situation better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, unless they don't want it that day either.

How long are you willing to wait to get that box signed for? 1 min, 5 mins You know that "30 secs" usually turns into a couple mins.

No DH about it, my management team(who pay my wages) does not want me to wait that long, or search for someone to sign when an employee is standing in front of me.

How long am I willing to wait for an autograph? Less than 1 minute.

You and I have been here long enough to know that you have to train your customers. Mine are for the most part very well trained and my wait times at commercial stops are minimal.

upschuck

How long am I willing to wait for an autograph? Less than 1 minute.

You and I have been here long enough to know that you have to train your customers. Mine are for the most part very well trained and my wait times at commercial stops are minimal.
And how do you train your customers? by running around trying to find them, or by waiting for "a few seconds"? You know as well as I do that you got to at least double what they say for a wait time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And how do you train your customers? by running around trying to find them, or by waiting for "a few seconds"? You know as well as I do that you got to at least double what they say for a wait time.

I'll give you a perfect example. Walmart is my first delivery stop. As I approach the delivery point if there is an open bay I will lay on the horn to let her know that I am here. By the time I have parked the PC and made my way around back the overhead door is open and rollers extended. I scan and place all of her packages on the rollers, except for American Greetings, which goes on the floor. As I am nearing the end of the delivery I will ask her if she has anything going out as they are pickup and delivery at the same time. If she does I will be signing the SRM as she is signing my DIAD. Load pickup pieces, thank her and drive around to the front of the store.

If I end up waiting I will scan as many of her packages as I can before it is my turn to unload. I do not put the stop in to prerecord if she has any NDA.

AndUPSER

Based on your inability to contribute in a productive manner I am certain you will be gone long before then.

Maybe I won't be on Brown Cafe. This site is a very minimal part of my day. I went through the retirement forums yesterday and for the past few years you have continuously blasted the retirees for posting on Brown Cafe. You have also stated that you would not be on here after retirement. I was just wondering if that is still true, since it seems like you're on here all the time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Doing-it-wrong-91.jpg

upschuck

I'll give you a perfect example. Walmart is my first delivery stop. As I approach the delivery point if there is an open bay I will lay on the horn to let her know that I am here. By the time I have parked the PC and made my way around back the overhead door is open and rollers extended. I scan and place all of her packages on the rollers, except for American Greetings, which goes on the floor. As I am nearing the end of the delivery I will ask her if she has anything going out as they are pickup and delivery at the same time. If she does I will be signing the SRM as she is signing my DIAD. Load pickup pieces, thank her and drive around to the front of the store.

If I end up waiting I will scan as many of her packages as I can before it is my turn to unload. I do not put the stop in to prerecord if she has any NDA.
That is not training a customer, that is a trained customer. I know what a trained customer is, the question is how that training is done with difficult customers in regards to signing. I say you may have to walk out of the place of business with their packages, to get them motivated to sign quickly.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Says the guy who is averaging over 40 posts a day.

For a site that is nothing like is used to be, you sure like to post here.

He's got nothing else to do. He should start dating again, I'm sure there are some nice fellas that would love to wine him, dine him, and......damn, what's the rest of that saying?

platinum9898

Just be real, you need a signature fast or you put the package back on the truck. They need to respect the fact that you don't have the time to wait 3-10 minutes.

Sent using BrownCafe App