Dumbest thing YOU have done

wily_old_vet

Was delivering to a house and there was a crowd of people there. Lady I didnt recognize came out to sign for package and I said that my feelings were hurt because I didnt get invited to the party. Turns out the owners husband had died the previous day. If you've ever seen the Southwest Airlines commercials about wishing you were somewhere else you know how I felt.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I delivered a package one time, set the diad on the hood to tie my shoe. Didn't notice that the diad was missing until I slowed down at the next stoplight. You know how high those thing can bounce at 50+ MPH?

Dennis, another driver picked up a high end automotive customer, about 30 boxes. Got back to the building and the customer had called asking when the driver was coming by. It seems that he had picked up the trash and left the outbound packages at the customers.

We had another driver that was inside a womans home when she got there. Allegedly riding her exercise bike? Thats what she said. He ended up on a 4 week suspension, not to mention the laughing stock of the center.

But I guess the dumbest was when I was new in delivery, not understanding sensitive things. Made a delivery to a home (back when all home deliveries needed a signature) and asked to have either mr or mrs smith to sign for the package. When he said, I'm mr smith, I stupidly asked well if you are he, then who was the guy here the other day who claimed to be mr smith?

Mrs smith hated me from that day on.

d

browndude

well i can beat all of you i was going to college and only liked 2 years being a cpa but was offered a driving job and now have been driving the brown truck for 15 years.

palguy

I think your in management aren't you tieguy? You might just want to nominate yourself for "stupidest thing a supervisor has done". Changing someones quote? Really lacks originality. I'm no fan of diadlover but at least he shows some creativeness. Please stop because it's kind of uncomfortable to watch this.

wily_old_vet

Tie-I agree with Palguy, what you did was wrong and you would be screaming for someone to be banned if they did that to you.

Pal-Love your car pic. I have a '02 TA WS6.

palguy

wily_old_vet said:

Nice!! The ram-air hood on those things looks awesome! I have a buddy that has an '04 Cobra. I thought the SS was fast but that thing is crazy.

B

BROWN OBSERVER

Ok..this happened to me during my first year of driving. Had a secure payment COD..lady ans door in short shorts and low cut tee shirt (no bra) believe me when you are less than a foot away you can tell. Says she needs to run to , 711 across street will be just 3 minutes...stupid stupid me I nodded to her breasts and said alright. She came back 25 minutes later with COD check and what look like a bag of groceries. Could'nt complain, when she handed check to me her boob rub against my arm...all was forgivin.

palguy

Ahhhh yes, even the most disciplined driver will fall victim to some nice ta ta's. Haven't found a cure for it yet.

tieguy

Banned
palguy said:
I think your in management aren't you tieguy? You might just want to nominate yourself for "stupidest thing a supervisor has done". Changing someones quote? Really lacks originality. I'm no fan of diadlover but at least he shows some creativeness. Please stop because it's kind of uncomfortable to watch this.

No fan of diadlovers? Really? but you didn't like my creativity? just his? Okay .

tieguy

Banned
wily_old_vet said:
Tie-I agree with Palguy, what you did was wrong and you would be screaming for someone to be banned if they did that to you.

actually unless you're talking about Susan stalking one of the members of this board I don't generally scream for people to get banned here. And yes other posters here have changed the wording of my quotes before without anyone else ever having been offended.

Turn the other cheek . I guess.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
tieguy said:
actually unless you're talking about Susan stalking one of the members of this board I don't generally scream for people to get banned here. And yes other posters here have changed the wording of my quotes before without anyone else ever having been offended.

Please don't turn the other cheek, turn them in. I delete falsified post quotes everytime that they are reported. Please just report it.

susiedriver

tieguy said:

Tie, when someone posts their real name and town they live in on a public board, it doesn't qualify as 'stalking'. Find another strawman.

tieguy

Banned
Those things have already been discussed and reviewed. You clearly did a lot more then read someones address info. Though you are on the right thread to discuss it.

susiedriver

tieguy said:
Those things have already been discussed and reviewed. You clearly did a lot more then read someones address info. Though you are on the right thread to discuss it.

Yep, I googled the idiots name!