DUP

BrownArmy

The certification that they gave us stated a premium pkg that you reattempt is a new stop. A pkg that you can't find on your car but locate later is a duplicate. One that was a miss load brought to you later is a new stop. Oms sends you back for 2nd att or for a address correction is a new stop. But I hit duplicate cuz I don't care about their planned days and that takes all the guessing out of it.

Bingo - we have a winner!

It's that easy - who cares about how many stops you end up with? Last I checked we get paid by the hour...

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

I used to fight this all the time. If i went back for any reason it was another stop. Here they say if same tracking number after first attempt is dup. different package found later can be another stop. But got tired of hereing the bs so i said fine dup stop whether its same or not idc as long as my check reflects hours worked dont care about what the paid day says.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

Bingo - we have a winner!

It's that easy - who cares about how many stops you end up with? Last I checked we get paid by the hour...

By the minute =) is how i roll. I used to tell them don't rush me i get paid by the hour. Til the went to the union and told them to tell me i couldn't say that no more. So i now say minute =)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If they want a true measurement of the day, you would never use dup. If I remember I put it as a dup, if I dont I cant go back and edit, so whatever. If their little tattlematics has any use, it shows you went there twice. Just another way for them to fudge the nubers, which I dont care about. Just like putting in over 70s or third floor. It takes more time to do it, than its worth. All I want to do is get done and leave.

kingOFchester

I work by the hour and by bonus. I really don't want to give UPS anymore then they already get from me, so it is important in my world.

Here is the way I do it....

Signature required, ni1 leave notice, walk back towards truck and the homeowner come running out...That is a DUP

I move a larger box to make room and then can't find it do to me, that is a DUP

A store that is usually open, but on this day they have a "will return sign" I will sheet as closed, then re-sheet upon return. NO Dup

Can't find a package because the loader "had a rough night" No way in hell would I use DUP. That is an issue that UPS should have with its employee.

upser7480

G-Force
I always send a "missing package" message as requested by our center. If I find it later, I just put OCML (on car misload) in the consignee or room field in the diad. It's not being dishonest in my opinion and I've never been questioned over it. I think it simply keeps the stop from generating on a "dup stop" report by changing those fields such as a strip mll with suites. We shouldn't have to eat time on dup stops because of preload issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There shouldn't even be a DUP button. Like I said I don't use the DUP function never have never will if I have to go back it's another stop. Just like going back to a make another deliver attempt at a address I already been at because the center says I have too it another stop and it Ni2 or Ni3 if they are not there it's not a DUP so why would going back to any other stop for any reason be considered DUP.

You can't have both a NI1 and NI2 on the same package on the same day--that would be unfair to the consignee.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
what's bonus....

UPS and the bogus time allowed stole my bonus. tempted to sheet my whole day up as a duplicate stop on my last day for kicks.
As long you get paid for the hours you actually work no one is stealing anything from you. The reason I mentioned bonus is that it's the only reason we are even having this conservation about duplicate stops. If we all got paid punch to punch no one would care about it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lets say you are at XXX Main street and can't find 1 of the 4 packages on the 5000 shelf. You deliver the three and later that day you find the 4th package on the 7000 shelf.....do you take credit for another stop or do you put it in as a Dup?

I was questioned today why I went back to a stop and didn't sheet as a DUP.
​If it is my error in not delivering it the first time then I sheet it as DUP. If it is a mis seq then I count it as another stop. I had to go back because preload screwed up. Not my fault. Never been questioned on it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ok, got another one for ya,

You have a NDA, NI1, later that day you are delivering on the street and you notice the customer is now home......DUP or not?
A business has a sign "will return after 2"....do you sheet it as closed, then return after 2?
​Nope! The second one is ifffy. It depends on how far out off my way I have to go to deliver.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You can't have both a NI1 and NI2 on the same package on the same day--that would be unfair to the consignee.
I have done this on a rare occasion but only if it is due to a customer request to return and they aren't there a second time. Very rare but it has happened.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
^thats exactly right if the customer requests you come back it's NI2. I always inform the center that it will be a second attempt if I return.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have done this on a rare occasion but only if it is due to a customer request to return and they aren't there a second time. Very rare but it has happened.

^thats exactly right if the customer requests you come back it's NI2. I always inform the center that it will be a second attempt if I return.

Guys, you can't have both a NI1 and NI2 or NI2 and NI3 on the same day.

kingOFchester

Guys, you can't have both a NI1 and NI2 or NI2 and NI3 on the same day.

I have.....Day made attempt..NI1, Day 2 make an attempt....NI2. Later that day center sends message that the customer is now home and needs the package. Return and still no answer, NI3 and to QC it goes. Only has happened twice and never had an issue with the powers that be. I always tell them that I did a NI3 and the package is with QC just in case the customer decides to take the 45min ride to the building to pick up.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I know every response here is an effort to help, but the simple fact is they are all wrong. These are questions for your management team and only they can tell you the proper procedure for your particular area. Just because Joe Blow does it that way in New York doesn't make it right in Kansas. As always be careful taking forum advise for matters that could affect your livelyhood in the future. Ask yourself if the time allowance for a stop is worth the chance of losing your job? Just so you know, allowance for a commercial stop is aproximately 90 seconds. Resi stop is 17 seconds. I doubt its worth the trouble you could be in if you do it wrong per your local management.