duping stops...

Buck Fifty

The fact is they are two different stops. Yes they would love you to deliver them all at once under 1 stop but technically you can deliver the air then come back for the ground later which is what happens alot. However if you can deliver all at once in the morning you can sheet the the air, prerecord then sheet the ground and prerecord, then go back in and do a left at commercial for each and then signature after the signature and stop complete it will give you two stops. If your at a residence I sheet each separately and dr each separately. I've been doing this for 13 years and no one has said anything because it is no different then going back for a second stop. It actually saves you time and the company time .

This will find you trouble. Stop before it does.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Thats padding stops. To your other question, NDA Saver and 2nd Day Air are treated the same as ground. Get rid of the 10:30 commits and worry about the rest later.

whats padding stops???is that for 1997 or me...anyway I could see mgt saying that air includes savers and 2 days...ill have to ask...what about not being able to find a ground pkg in load then find it on another shelf or on the floor dup or not?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You shouldn't dup the stop if you have air in the morn then go back to the stop later it's 2 different stops end of story.
Not a gray area at all next day air is different it has a commit time.

so does the savers....i know what your saying but see mgt using the general term of AIR against us if they wanted

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
whats padding stops???is that for 1997 or me...anyway I could see mgt saying that air includes savers and 2 days...ill have to ask...what about not being able to find a ground pkg in load then find it on another shelf or on the floor dup or not?

1997 is padding stops. If I find a package later I dupe it. If a package isn't on my truck and someone brings it to me it's another stop. Savers and 2nd days don't have 10:30 commit times so they should be treated the same as ground when chasing off Air in the morning.

BrownArmy

If you deliver ground with air it is one stop. If you deliver air and can't find the ground then come back later that is two stops. If you deliver any stop and can't find the additional pieces, leave the stop, find the package(s) later, redeliver, that is a seperate stop.

Duplicate stop is used like the following, you NI1 and walk back to the truck, customer comes running out and can sign, resheet as duplicate leaving the original NI1 without voiding. Another example is you go to a stop, search for multiple packages for say a dock, customer signs, you go back in the truck and trip over the huge PBteen box you failed to see, you plop it on the dock to get a second signature, that's a duplicate.

These are the rules in our area, YMMV.

This is 100% correct.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
explain to me the difference between doing a left at in the morning or doing a separate stop later they are both 2 stops

It will be explained to you as they walk you out the door and then you will come on here whining how you were unjustly terminated even though you did everything by the book.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
1997 is padding stops. If I find a package later I dupe it. If a package isn't on my truck and someone brings it to me it's another stop. Savers and 2nd days don't have 10:30 commit times so they should be treated the same as ground when chasing off Air in the morning.

there is lots of time wasted to try to find a package that isnt in the correct spot then finally find it and have to get no credit for the time to go back to deliver it...its like a double whammy which I think is totally bogus...especially if it happens 3 or 4 times a day

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not recording it as a duplicate stop would make me 1.13 over instead of 1.19.
It doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
Apparently it does to them, as I never use duplicate and they never say a word.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
there is lots of time wasted to try to find a package that isnt in the correct spot then finally find it and have to get no credit for the time to go back to deliver it...its like a double whammy which I think is totally bogus...especially if it happens 3 or 4 times a day

I agree it's a pain in the butt looking for pkgs but it's part of every drivers day at some point. Not worth losing a job over having to work a few minutes longer. We have a lot of delays we don't get credit for.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I agree it's a pain in the butt looking for pkgs but it's part of every drivers day at some point. Not worth losing a job over having to work a few minutes longer. We have a lot of delays we don't get credit for.

I guess they can come out and show me how its done...

tourists24

They say its all built into the allowances..... hehe

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

We get paid by the hour, and to date, I've been paid for every minute.
Credit????
Put credit out of your head and be liberated.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We get paid by the hour, and to date, I've been paid for every minute.
Credit????
Put credit out of your head and be liberated.

100% right.. still frustrating when they go out with you..agree there is an issue with load and such, then rather worry about that large amount of time, obsess about the few seconds from not following a method or two...

BrownArmy

It is bogus...the allowances are arbitrary, the loads are ridiculous, the dispatches are horrendous.

Don't buy into it.

Ground delivered after air is a second stop.

You couldn't find it and went back later? DUP stop.

Center messages you to redeliver the 'need suite #' package to the office building (no company name on pkg, no floor or suite #, just a name, ten floors, forty companies, etc.)...second stop.

(It's my new phone...I dropped the old one in the toilet...thanks so much for coming back!! LOL XOXO MY LITTLE PONY!)

Customer flags you down, running after the pkg car, after you've rang their doorbell and knocked repeatedly and left an info notice: re-sheet as DUP stop. (Don't void the other stop out, re-sheet and make it a DUP stop...keep an accurate record of your day).

Of course, every center is different, so YMMV bla bla, but really this should be standard.

And for the one or two stops a day where this might be an issue, and you actually get called into the office to explain yourself, if you've done things by the book, your DIAD record and Tellymatics will back you up.

So man up and tell your center manager to get the frack off your buttocks, because you're just doing your job.

clarnzz

I don't dup stops anymore unless it was my bad, was a big issue at my center for a while. If I go to a stop that is supposed to have 6 gnd pieces loaded at 4637 and I find it on the 6000 shelf later I don't dup it. If I find it on the floor or something to where it was my bad I do. Noone cares either way as of this week, but I try to do the right thing. See ya next week.

40 and out

This should be simple but of course it isn't. How about a corporate policy for EVERYONE to follow? Don't see how anyone could be fired for padding stops when policy is different from center to center and even different within a center from one year to the next. Too many things are like this at UPS.