duping stops...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How about when you go to CVS and you deliver to the pharmacy and then to the storage room. The wheels in the truck did not move but it should be sheeted as separate stops. The same with Wal-mart when you go to the dock, the vision, and the hair salon.

You are splitting hairs. These are separate businesses with different people signing. No different then a strip mall. Bottom line, one stop, one signature.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How about when you go to CVS and you deliver to the pharmacy and then to the storage room. The wheels in the truck did not move but it should be sheeted as separate stops. The same with Wal-mart when you go to the dock, the vision, and the hair salon.
Because we have been instructed to sheet those as inside delivery via the DIAD training, unless of course your management has instructed you to disregard that. In that case I'd suggest asking the Walmart greeter which one he suggests.

btg1972

exactly. If you have 10 pks in the 1120 section can't find 1 deliver 9 then find it later in 1300 that is your fault for not looking (load shifts) sheet as dup. If at 200 you find it at 5432 it is not your fault and it is a second delivery attempt. seems like common sense to me. Lots of paranoid people on here

btg1972

no pharmacy stops are a separate delivery and are stop completed as inside delivery. the store itself is a separate stop. If this is not what your center is instructing you to do since we had pcm's on it i'm amazed at the disparity between areas of the country. wow.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
exactly. If you have 10 pks in the 1120 section can't find 1 deliver 9 then find it later in 1300 that is your fault for not looking (load shifts) sheet as dup. If at 200 you find it at 5432 it is not your fault and it is a second delivery attempt. seems like common sense to me. Lots of paranoid people on here

Umm, your dealing with a company with no common sense...

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I've had this discussion with you before
No it isn't

I had a route that was dispatched at 150 stops, 10 of which are air, 140 ground
I was pulled into the office because I would constantly be delivering less than my 150 dispatch, IT WAS SCREWING MY PAID DAY

I was told to get seperate sigs for air and ground, or do it the way ups1997 explained it
THEY DISPATCH ME WITH 150 STOPS, THEY WANT 150 STOPS RECORDED ON THE DIAD
END OF DISCUSSION

Hey, it's your job. When I was in package car (less than two years ago) we could get written up, and possibly fired for duplicating stops. If you deliver only NDA in the AM. ONE STOP. Go back later for for 2DA or ground. SECOND stop. Misloaded package? DUPLICATE STOP. Doesn't matter if you don't get time for it, it's still a duplicate stop. Look, all of you guys/gals saying you've been doing it your way, not duplicating stops, are messing w/trouble. Like this guy says, his management team says they want it done their way? Fine, make them put into writing describing their way. That way, you're covered.

The problem is, you could have a management team that says this, Then, you get a new center manager, and he says you are doing it wrong, and if he doesn't like you, you could possibly be fired. It happens. Anytime there is confusion like this, simply get your center manager to put the rules in writing. That way, this post is limited to one page, and you keep your job.

Dracula

In situations like this, you claim the additional stops. WHY? Because we've had DIAD training dealing with these kind of situations. You people are making this WAY too difficult.

Dracula

Hey, do what you want, but misloads are NOT separate stops. You might get away with it for a while, but there is a good possibility that it will burn your ass eventually.

We used to bitch about it in our center, and here is what happened. We were getting warned for missing misroutes loaded on our PC's. So they instructed out entire building that we were to completely go through our loads by 3PM, and were to call our centers if we had misroutes or potential missed packages. Hey, it took me nearly 20 minutes everyday to sort through my mess, but that turned into extra OT. To this day, drivers here are responsible for any misloaded packages on their PC's. Doesn't mean you will have to deliver a misroute, but you have to inform them by 3PM.

Their company, their rules. Good thing we make more money following them.