duping stops...

kingOFchester

One most remember that your center team actually benefits when you pad your stop count. More stops, more trips, less 9.5's. This may be why some centers seem to allow the pre-record then left at option. But when they get heat from above, you can bet your ***** that they will come down on you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The fact is they are two different stops. Yes they would love you to deliver them all at once under 1 stop but technically you can deliver the air then come back for the ground later which is what happens alot. However if you can deliver all at once in the morning you can sheet the the air, prerecord then sheet the ground and prerecord, then go back in and do a left at commercial for each and then signature after the signature and stop complete it will give you two stops. If your at a residence I sheet each separately and dr each separately. I've been doing this for 13 years and no one has said anything because it is no different then going back for a second stop. It actually saves you time and the company time .

This is text book padding stops.

govols019

You smell that?
explain to me the difference between doing a left at in the morning or doing a separate stop later they are both 2 stops

If the wheels of the truck didn't move and the air and ground are going to the same consignee then it's one stop. This isn't rocket science. You're padding stops and that will get you fired.

LagunaBrown

They will fire you for dishonesty. Methods say to deliver air with ground whenever possible. You are bumping up your day. You can candy coat it all you want but that is all there is to it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This is text book padding stops.

I've had this discussion with you before
No it isn't

I had a route that was dispatched at 150 stops, 10 of which are air, 140 ground
I was pulled into the office because I would constantly be delivering less than my 150 dispatch, IT WAS SCREWING MY PAID DAY

I was told to get seperate sigs for air and ground, or do it the way ups1997 explained it
THEY DISPATCH ME WITH 150 STOPS, THEY WANT 150 STOPS RECORDED ON THE DIAD
END OF DISCUSSION

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
No it isn't

I was pulled into the office because I would constantly be delivering less than my 150 dispatch, IT WAS SCREWING MY PAID DAY

I was told to get seperate sigs for air and ground, or do it the way ups1997 explained it
END OF DISCUSSION

PADDING STOPS IS WHEN YOU GO OUT WITH 150 STOPS ON TRUCK AND COME BACK WITH 155 STOPS DELIVERED
You guys are all adults and don't know how you guys can confuse the issue so bad !!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No it isn't

END OF DISCUSSION
Your crazy for doing that imho. If my center team told me to do that I would ask for it in writing with the center manager's signature at the bottom, then I would take it up to the DM and ask what he thought about it. It's padding stops plain and simple and the only reason you're being told to do it that way is so your dishonest management team can pad their numbers and make their precious stops per car. I've seen people (both management and hourly) lose their jobs over stuff like this, make sure the next one isn't you.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Your crazy for doing that imho. If my center team told me to do that I would ask for it in writing with the center manager's signature at the bottom, then I would take it up to the DM and ask what he thought about it. It's padding stops plain and simple and the only reason you're being told to do it that way is so your dishonest management team can pad their numbers and make their precious stops per car. I've seen people (both management and hourly) lose their jobs over stuff like this, make sure the next one isn't you.

That discussion happened in 2001 and hasn't changed
With UPS so hung up on stops per car, you damn well know they give me 150 stops, they want 150 stops on the diad

Go ahead and be the one that bitches you got that extra neighborhood on your route, because they have to give you 160 stops so they can get your route at 150

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That discussion happened in 2001 and hasn't changed
With UPS so hung up on stops per car, you damn well know they give me 150 stops, they want 150 stops on the diad

Go ahead and be the one that bitches you got that extra neighborhood on your route, because they have to give you 160 stops so they can get your route at 150
Ask them to put this little policy in writing and see what happens. I guarantee you that they won't. Seriously Heff you're giving yourself away with all that talk about getting extra work, it makes it pretty obvious that the reason you're going along with your center team's dishonesty is because you feel it benefits you personally. Your center team has already shown that they will lie to make their SPC, do you really think they won't lie at a termination hearing and deny they ever told you do that? Have you talked to any of your shop stewards about this? Do whatever you want, but you better CYA.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The fact is they are two different stops. Yes they would love you to deliver them all at once under 1 stop but technically you can deliver the air then come back for the ground later which is what happens alot. However if you can deliver all at once in the morning you can sheet the the air, prerecord then sheet the ground and prerecord, then go back in and do a left at commercial for each and then signature after the signature and stop complete it will give you two stops. If your at a residence I sheet each separately and dr each separately. I've been doing this for 13 years and no one has said anything because it is no different then going back for a second stop. It actually saves you time and the company time .

Absolutely do not ever do this!! It will lead to termination eventually. I guarantee it!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
As you can see, every center does things slightly differently. As helpful as all these replies are trying to be, listening to the wrong one for your particular center will get you in alot of trouble. You need to ask you management team directly what you should do in your specific area. Have a steward present as a witness, then your covered.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I sat next to a guy that did exactly this.
Final disposition, discharge reduced to a 3 week suspension.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the wheels of the truck didn't move and the air and ground are going to the same consignee then it's one stop. This isn't rocket science. You're padding stops and that will get you fired.

It is 1:37pm Wednesday 8 August 2012. Just wanted to note the time and date that I actually agreed with a post by govols19.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No it isn't

END OF DISCUSSION

End of discussion? What are you, my father?

If you are at a stop and the wheels don't move and you record 2 or more stops for the same consignee you are padding stops. It is that simple.

kingOFchester

If you are at a stop and the wheels don't move and you record 2 or more stops for the same consignee you are padding stops. It is that simple.

That pretty sums up the way I do it. If my wheels turn, and I have to go back to deliver another package (do to load or the like) I take credit for another stop.
END OF DISCUSSION........ probably not.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
PADDING STOPS IS WHEN YOU GO OUT WITH 150 STOPS ON TRUCK AND COME BACK WITH 155 STOPS DELIVERED

You guys are all adults and don't know how you guys can confuse the issue so bad !!![/QUOTE

You cant be serious. Do you work for morons? Who the hell cares what your stop count is supposed to be? Do you not have multiple consignee strip malls, office buildings and apartment complexes? If the packages come out of the truck at the same time it's one stop PERIOD!

QKRSTKR

I want to know how the hell it saves u and the company time by putting in a nda pkg and a ground pkg as a separate stop at the same location? U must work in bizarro world. Doing what u do will get 99.9 percent of drivers fired.

And how does it keep u at 150 stops. If anything u should have more stops. If they dispatch me with 120 and I have 5 stops I can't get my grd off with air, that means I should have 125. Our system doesn't count air as separate stops. 3 nda + 4 grd at same address = 1 stop. Not 2. Unless in bizarro world.

Buck Fifty

No it isn't

END OF DISCUSSION

Let your Union brothers help you here, at least the ones that are union ! It be padding stops .

upsman68

How about when you go to CVS and you deliver to the pharmacy and then to the storage room. The wheels in the truck did not move but it should be sheeted as separate stops. The same with Wal-mart when you go to the dock, the vision, and the hair salon.