DWI Question

Johney

My shop steward has told me that is wrong, and I am unable to get any answers from our local union business agent.
Don't be to concerned as to what they tell you they aren't the one's to decide if you go full time driving or not. Yes you may get a chance according to the contract,but if they think you are a risk or liability due to your past driving record then forget it managment will make up some excuse on your 29th day to disqualify you.

If you didn't learn your lesson after the first DUI(which you didn't) then I suspect 3 is only the begining,let's just hope you never kill anyone.:dead:

Big Babooba

Don't be so hard on yourself moreluck. If you want to drive yourself home after the bar closes it's doors to you, you are on your own. But have you ever suffered any consequences for doing so other than being stopped by police? You know, have you run over any kittens or hit any school buses at 3 in the morning?

btw many more people are killed in motor vehicle accidents where no alcohol was involved that the alternative 3 am drunk driver scenario.
I hope that i don't meet up with you at 3 AM. There are people out working in the wee hours of the morning. Newspaper drivers and carriers, milkmen (yes they still exist), truck drivers and even our own feeder drivers. Hell, you aren't the only going home from the clubs at that hour either. In your mind,the odds may be against you hitting somebody else, but why take that risk. There is always the possibility and being under the influence increases those odds. Could you live with yourself? I couldn't. Taxi drivers are also out at those hours. Call one. The money you spend on the fare may be the best investment you make in your life.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
newworker, I rarely speak up like this on here, but this is one issue that I will! I know your only 18-20ish and you have alot of learning to do. One day I HOPE you will change how you think about drinking and driving.

tourists24

I don't have any proof. I'm not the dumb@ss that came up with the statement!

There are a lot of people on this forum that disagree with one another (nothing wrong there), but there are a FEW that make the maroon list. I believe the more Newworker speaks, he is trying to head to the top of that list

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe he's just a troll. What better way to rile up folks than to go on a professional driver's site and advocate drunk driving.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Maybe he's just a troll. What better way to rile up folks than to go on a professional driver's site and advocate drunk driving.

I suppose your right moreluck. I'm sorry if I offended anyone (I sincerely apologize).

Nothing gets me more stirred up than Drinking & Driving!

newworker

There are a lot of people on this forum that disagree with one another (nothing wrong there), but there are a FEW that make the maroon list. I believe the more Newworker speaks, he is trying to head to the top of that list

then why doesn't one of the local genius's here prove me wrong by posting statistics that more fatalities are caused by drunk drivers by non alcohol related drivers.

Google is your friend, except in this case where you can't back up your propaganda.

It's easier for you to call me names than to actually back up what you are saying with statistics.

newworker

Thats what I am thinking. Eight Negative Reps in one day is probably a Brown Cafe record. There is an hour and fifteen minutes left in the day, maybe he can hit a negative 100,000 point score!

I'm not sure how the system works but this morning I had 8 red stars and minus 50 thousand plus rep rating. But on further examination I saw only 3 people negged me and 2 people gave me positives.

Please give me positve rep. thanks:peaceful:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes kill someone every 31 minutes and nonfatally injure someone every two minutes(NHTSA 2006).

That statistic alone is enough proof that DWI is not smart!!!

newworker

When did I advocate drunk driving?

I basically made 2 statements on this thread.

If I was on the jury, it would make a difference to me if a person is arrested for drunk driving 3 am or 3 pm. That's my opinion.

More deaths are caused by non -drunk drivers than by drunk drivers. And that's a fact.

Where did I advocate drunk driving?

tourists24

then why doesn't one of the local genius's here prove me wrong by posting statistics that more fatalities are caused by drunk drivers by non alcohol related drivers.

Google is your friend, except in this case where you can't back up your propaganda.

It's easier for you to call me names than to actually back up what you are saying with statistics.
because no one needs to back up anything with statistics; that's the point. Drinking and driving is wrong. period. no matter what time of day. Who cares if drunk driving isnt the number 1 reason people are getting killed. Why add to the risk of an accident. You may be the first person Ive ever hit the ignore feature for, because the stupidity is a waste of my time.

Iggyiam

When did I advocate drunk driving?

I basically made 2 statements on this thread.

If I was on the jury, it would make a difference to me if a person is arrested for drunk driving 3 am or 3 pm. That's my opinion.

More deaths are caused by non -drunk drivers than by drunk drivers. And that's a fact.

Where did I advocate drunk driving?

yes because the % of none drunk drivers is higher. still drunk driving is stupid