E R I

drewed

Shankman
no they changed the time of year its done, itll be done i forget whether its march or april of next year but one of those 2

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got "volunteered" for my Center's ERI Committee about a year ago. I haven't been asked to a single meeting yet. I did notice the results of an ERI meeting posted on the board that was attended by two people that are not even on the committee.

So everybody, take the ERI. There, I've done my part...........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was under the impression that the results from the ERI were used (in part) to determine the bonuses given to our supervisors. Also, does anyone else take advantage of the 300 characters of text available on the ERI?

drewed

Shankman
ERI is used as a "grading tool" for supervisors, my work group has less than 15 employees so we're clumped together another with another work group so the resluts arent pure as they should be. Results from ERI are reviewed by higher ups, then guaged against past results to see if there are patterns and action plans are created from that

david cassin

dublinbrown
they are a joke suppose to be confidential and then they say "oh you haven't taken the eri survey",how do they know if it is confidential
i remember asking our hr what was the story re anything being done about the comments you leave,no feed back
his response was oh i didn't know there was comments
doh !:angry:

david cassin

dublinbrown
there a tool that mgmt use to slap wach other on the back to say well done to your department,now heres you couple of grand (money ) normall in december ,for keeping you budget down and working your staff to the bone..

Brownnblue

I was under the impression that the results from the ERI were used (in part) to determine the bonuses given to our supervisors. Also, does anyone else take advantage of the 300 characters of text available on the ERI?

Yes, I have composed an essay the last few years. I think they boosted the character count up to 600 as of last year. It's the only way you can slam your center manager if you are giving positive scores to your on-car sup.

Brownnblue

Can someone explain how the final scores and percentages are determined? We are given four choices for each question; positive, negative, very positive, and very negative. Yet any score we see only has one percentage, and any raw data has number of positive and negative responses. Are the different levels weighted equally? Does it matter if I choose 1 or 2? Does it matter if I choose 4 or 5? If they are weighted the same, why should I bother?

The fact that no one has even given me any kind of explanation for this makes me suspicious as to its validity. Sort of like the equation for the paid day.

DS

Fenderbender
Yes, I have composed an essay the last few years. I think they boosted the character count up to 600 as of last year. It's the only way you can slam your center manager if you are giving positive scores to your on-car sup.
I had to condense mine last year,Its good that I cant rant longer.
They dont bug me about overallowed,and basically let me dispatch myself.
We aren't on pas or edd and my biggest complaint this year is being at the mercy of the preload when it comes to late air.They tell us to go through our load at 10:15 so there will be none late,but we all know that there are days when this is impossible.I cant see why they at least cant have a printout of the air stops and commit times.This way if it was not on the list,preload would finally be held accountable for something.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We have the list. It's called PAS. I gave away 3 air stops and still had 2 late yesterday. Doesn't help much. As far as ERI, who cares.

browniehound

My opinion is that its completely useless and a waste of company resources. Nothing is ever improved in an area that is negatively rated.

I take it every year and give the same answers every year. I give good scores because the outcome reflects on my immediate supervisor. I know he has little say in how the center should be managed. I do know that when he is out or on vacation our group suffers.

When he's in we get help. When he's in heavy pick-ups get swept and all the bases are covered. When he is out, we don't get help and the pick-ups are left to the driver even when it will blow his truck out.

This is why I give positive responses on the ERI. Things are better when my sup. is in and worse when he's out. Its that simple.

As for people who refuse to take it. Why refuse? The company is paying you and it will be the easiest money we will ever make legitimately.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The ERI is a joke at my center.We never see results or scores from it.Only half of the drivers take it and the supe takes the rest.I do love to drop kick the ol boss man once a year,though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We are required to take the ERI, so I simply type in straight "3's" across the board to get it over with. I regard it as a waste of time. None of the issues will ever be acted upon. As far as the "opportunity" to criticize my management goes...I will tell my sup to his face in a polite and professional way if I feel he is not doing his job properly. I have no desire or need to "tattle" on him/her to corporate, and I do not concern myself with whether or not he receives a bonus or how he is compensated.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

My opinion is that its completely useless and a waste of company resources. Nothing is ever improved in an area that is negatively rated.

I take it every year and give the same answers every year. I give good scores because the outcome reflects on my immediate supervisor. I know he has little say in how the center should be managed. I do know that when he is out or on vacation our group suffers.

When he's in we get help. When he's in heavy pick-ups get swept and all the bases are covered. When he is out, we don't get help and the pick-ups are left to the driver even when it will blow his truck out.

This is why I give positive responses on the ERI. Things are better when my sup. is in and worse when he's out. Its that simple.

As for people who refuse to take it. Why refuse? The company is paying you and it will be the easiest money we will ever make legitimately.

Try working at a customer counter before you say that. :peaceful: