Eam Driver's are we in danger of extinction?

Thumper

so i been Ups 16.5 yrs. Sat air driver 15 yrs ,then pm air bid, then bid to eam air for last 5 yrs now.
they utilize us at there own needs. 6 days a week. 3 hr guarantee to 14 hrs depending on time of yr. never consistent. i had several 2nd jobs over last 4 yrs, cause they are not consistent.
love what i do, i work hard, i have injuries, and age now, that really keep me from being a friend.t. driver. but we have no protection.
i was hoping to take a 22.4 i am was even in top 3. but they lied about what job was going to be, they tried talking us into it, again if i wanted friend.t. i would have gone 5 yrs ago. i was trying to maintain that i have another 10 yrs here, and i don't wish to be in disability before or by then.
our building is friend.t. tues. thru sat, til sunday starts. then likely wed thru sun. u can wait n bid for mon thru fri. i already said i didn't want friend.t. i sure as hell not giving up my weekends also. my spouse works mon thru fri. we never see each other.
plus knowing 3 of us never intended going friend.t. due to own personal reasons.
told us we had to qualify a route. they can't make up there mind on school. they seem to slide some thru without, what was the union thinking. why our they not protecting the jobs an people already in service.
why are we using outside people in personal vehicles, over using already trained experienced p.t. driver's willing to help. why didn't they get a 4-5 hr guarantee for eam air driver's instead using outside people.
you can't get a honest answer anywhere.
just wandering if anyone else affected or feel shunned by this new b.s. way.

Thumper

OK... lets try this again, for those who that think i have no integrity,or I am lazy.
i was asking seriously about my future.
i am far from lazy, i have several injuries because i work twice as hard and fast than others. that's my problem i don't know how to be a lazy union employee. i have no problem working friend.t. hours, sometimes the work is physically to demanding for my issues. so trying to do daily 365 would put me in painful n possibly disabling position. i don't feel the need to explain. although u feel need to pick apart the conversation.
i have busted my ass working a real job since i was 14. never had anything easy. i don't know what your air drivers do, but i do a lot and not ever easy work, yes the other 2 drivers i work with are perfectly able body guys that just don't wanna work. but i didn't want to throw under a bus. when i am not driving i do help with any thing and everything with n without being asked.
i thought this forum might help me know where i headed. i wish they would offer 22.3 job again, we have 2. they use them all day doing anything but what there job is,
they said the 22.4 would be a combination of my eam job and inside if needed. (then they lied.) they said you will be a (2nd tier) friend.t. driver working all weekends for less money than a friend.t. driver Mon thru Friday, eventually u can get to Mon thru friday. if i thought my body could done that i went back and qualified mon thru fri prior to 22.4. wasn't about lazy, it was about spreading out the continuous lifting an physical work across 8-10 hrs.
i have done friend.t. seasonal 150 stops 200 pkgs both summer and Christmas. several times. that's how i know what my body can and cannot take. so thank you very much. peace out,.

OK... lets try this again, for those who that think i have no integrity,or I am lazy.
i was asking seriously about my future.
i am far from lazy, i have several injuries because i work twice as hard and fast than others. that's my problem i don't know how to be a lazy union employee. i have no problem working friend.t. hours, sometimes the work is physically to demanding for my issues. so trying to do daily 365 would put me in painful n possibly disabling position. i don't feel the need to explain. although u feel need to pick apart the conversation.
i have busted my ass working a real job since i was 14. never had anything easy. i don't know what your air drivers do, but i do a lot and not ever easy work, yes the other 2 drivers i work with are perfectly able body guys that just don't wanna work. but i didn't want to throw under a bus. when i am not driving i do help with any thing and everything with n without being asked.
i thought this forum might help me know where i headed. i wish they would offer 22.3 job again, we have 2. they use them all day doing anything but what there job is,
they said the 22.4 would be a combination of my eam job and inside if needed. (then they lied.) they said you will be a (2nd tier) friend.t. driver working all weekends for less money than a friend.t. driver Mon thru Friday, eventually u can get to Mon thru friday. if i thought my body could done that i went back and qualified mon thru fri prior to 22.4. wasn't about lazy, it was about spreading out the continuous lifting an physical work across 8-10 hrs.
i have done friend.t. seasonal 150 stops 200 pkgs both summer and Christmas. several times. that's how i know what my body can and cannot take. so thank you very much. peace out,.
It's not called being a lazy union employee. It's called working like a human being.

I remember a black girl that was hired on twi as a loader. She told management the job was beneath that of a black person.
3o6UB8ijuGCyFA6ARG.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember a black girl that was hired on twi as a loader. She told management the job was beneath that of a black person.
Years ago they hired a black guy for a temporary Christmas driver. He worked 2 days then disappeared for 3. When they finally got ahold of him he said, "man you all don't work when it turns that cold do you?"---and promptly quit when they told him yes. After that they never hired another black dude at my old center for as long as I worked there. (I don't recall any of them applying for a job there either :-)). School teachers were another class of people who were very unreliable Christmas help when it turned cold. They wouldn't hire any of them either after a couple of bad experiences.

Johnny123456789

Part timers will probably have a significant decrease in utility and driving except for busy times of the year like Christmas.

Although, you might even see an increase of part time utility work since all 22.4s will work on the weekend. You will still have Monday and Tuesday to help if needed. Possibly even Saturday and Sunday.

Part timers will probably have a significant decrease in utility and driving except for busy times of the year like Christmas.

Although, you might even see an increase of part time utility work since all 22.4s will work on the weekend. You will still have Monday and Tuesday to help if needed. Possibly even Saturday and Sunday.
What the Hell are you talking about?

Explain it to @Future