Early teamster pension local 639- while a Full time driver supervisor

textat3

I am eligible to collect my full time pension, with penalties, 25 years from Teamster Local 639. Can I go into management, full time, and then file for my early pension since I am no longer in the union. I am trying to collect my pension while working as a FT sup. Thanks.

textat3

You must be a real suck arse
No I am not. I work safe and that is it. I don’t know if they would take me. I would like to be a preload sup so I can take care of my lawn customers in the afternoons… I heard they get less than driver sups so I don’t know.

trickpony1

No I am not. I work safe and that is it. I don’t know if they would take me. I would like to be a preload sup so I can take care of my lawn customers in the afternoons… I heard they get less than driver sups so I don’t know.
I could be wrong but I think there is language prohibiting what you want to do.
I could be wrong.

Indecisively helping.

trickpony1

Let me rephrase it.....

You could probably be a PT union preloader but I seriously don't think you could be any type of management.
Why would you want to be anyway?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am eligible to collect my full time pension, with penalties, 25 years from Teamster Local 639. Can I go into management, full time, and then file for my early pension since I am no longer in the union. I am trying to collect my pension while working as a FT sup. Thanks.
639 has rules about the type of work you can do while collecting a pension, pretty sure that continuing to work for UPS in any capacity is a non-starter but you can give them a call and they'll tell you.
1643285851264.png

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Nope

textat3

I asked my center manager this morning and he said I could…I am officially a driver supervisor. I am out on road in Bethesda, MD right now because rookie driver dropped a route. I have 135 stops left…this sucks….can I go back into the union?