Earning Potential for Part-time Supervisors?

margaritaville

Unless your a girl(they get promoted fast since ups wants to look diverse). Id recommend NOT doing it. It :censored2:s you over from lots of other oppurtunities at ups such as full time work or even part time work. As a part time air driver i make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than the part time supes.

bagpipes

Are you sure you're eligible for tuition assistance for a graduate degree as PT management? Get it in writing - last I checked, only FT mgmt was eligible for MS/MBA.
Also, keep in mind eligibility is one thing; getting approval from direct manager, District HR Mgr and District Manager is another thing, and may be contingent on P & L results.
All the best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

excessivehours

Now in the drug test pool
It might not be politically correct to say it but I will. The only way to climb out of the depth of PT sup cesspool is to be a smart minority or lesbian (preferably a combo of both), willing to throw the other PT sups under the bus as you see fit to make yourself appear aggressive and superior to the many white male sups.

The only reason I'm saying this is my observations over my 27 years as a driver with the company.

PT Car Washer

Unless your a girl(they get promoted fast since ups wants to look diverse). Id recommend NOT doing it. It :censored2:s you over from lots of other oppurtunities at ups such as full time work or even part time work. As a part time air driver i make wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than the part time supes.
And close or more then FT without having to take all the crap.

YoungBlood

Are you sure you're eligible for tuition assistance for a graduate degree as PT management? Get it in writing - last I checked, only FT mgmt was eligible for MS/MBA.
Also, keep in mind eligibility is one thing; getting approval from direct manager, District HR Mgr and District Manager is another thing, and may be contingent on P & L results.
All the best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Great advice BagPipes, I asked already about graduate school and apparently they do, but I never thought of getting anything in writing first, so without appearing too paranoid, I will find a way to have it in writing. A lot of what I had discussed with my full-time supervisor alluded to UPS reimbursing for graduate degrees. In fact, full-time management does not qualify for ANY tuition reimbursement and it would be silly for them to only reimburse me for an undergraduate degree, since I would STILL use that benefit and go for classes in some other non-related field just because I'm that stubborn. They might as well reimburse me for graduate school too especially considering the fact that I'm studying something completely relevant to what UPS does.

YoungBlood

Great advice BagPipes, I asked already about graduate school and apparently they do, but I never thought of getting anything in writing first, so without appearing too paranoid, I will find a way to have it in writing. A lot of what I had discussed with my full-time supervisor alluded to UPS reimbursing for graduate degrees. In fact, full-time management does not qualify for ANY tuition reimbursement and it would be silly for them to only reimburse me for an undergraduate degree, since I would STILL use that benefit and go for classes in some other non-related field just because I'm that stubborn. They might as well reimburse me for graduate school too especially considering the fact that I'm studying something completely relevant to what UPS does.

Before I get flamed for misinterpreting what the TAP program states on the UPS website, I should clarify that full-time non-union employees are not eligible for tuition reimbursement. This does not state full-time management, so I'm assuming it includes all the cover drivers and whoever else that is full-time, non-management/non-union.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Get everything in writing at UPS. They pull so much "Oh but we agreed on this remember?" Bull :censored2: it isn't even funny. They're sneaky.

IMO, don't take it. Like others said PT sup is the worst job you can have at UPS. You are in charge of hourlies but receive no extra respect from either them or FT sups/CMs, any mistake made is always your fault, chance of advancement is nil. My PT sup is a nice person, but our FT is a bully and just beats on her day after day. Shocked she hasn't washed out yet. They'll never fire her though. A female supervisor? Boy we are with the times! Extremely nice person, terrible leader.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bagpipes

FT non-union includes management. Also, check your documents on whether FT Mgmt is eligible.

Sent using BrownCafe App