Easter ruined by UPS

dezguy

The express driver on my route, has been there 18 years. Making $22.03
Fortunately for me, being in Canada and not under a ridiculous law like the RLA, I'm making more than that with less time. Still doesn't mean everything is rosy.

At one point we were only something like $.17 behind UPS (if you were lucky enough to be at top wage). Now, out of the big three courier services, we're last in compensation and you can be damn sure FedEx isn't going to rush to change that.

Rainman

Its all good.
Working at UPS ruins a lot of holidays, family events, social events, ect. You have 2 choices. Either you suck it up and deal with it, or you find another job. There's no reason to whine about it. It's your choice to be here. And there is certainly no reason for you to degrade others because they don't agree with you. This kind of behavior is childish and irresponsible. Either act like an adult or go away.

4498_129922889660.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Proves my point exactly.

Wrong. People aren't lining up at the doors to work at UPS.
I called HR Wednesday because I had reached a point where I really needed people. I interviewed them and gave em a tour Thursday and they start tomorrow.

It's harder to get Chinese take out than hire people in my city.

box_beeyotch

I called HR Wednesday because I had reached a point where I really needed people. I interviewed them and gave em a tour Thursday and they start tomorrow.

At least they listened to you. They have needed help on my centers local sort since after peak and the part time sups have told HR countless times. Howeever instead they rely on laid off drivers to come in and work (which most pick and choose which days), and when that doesn't work they'll ask full time drivers to fill in.

PT Car Washer

Same situation in my building. A lot of people want to work. The low starting wage and lack of hours, not to mention no benefits for a year disillusion most younger potential employees. They can make more money working at Mc Donald's.

Returntosender

Same situation in my building. A lot of people want to work. The low starting wage and lack of hours, not to mention no benefits for a year disillusion most younger potential employees. They can make more money working at Mc Donald's.
MCDS was in the news the past few days. The raised their starting wage to 10.00. Interesting the newest employees they hire were old people who just need a second job. Even during peak they couldn't get 18,19 year olds kids to stay.