Easy Win For President Trump?

Box Ox

The scary thing is that you don’t understand that healthcare is already managed here in the States.

At least be honest.

:censored2:.

I'd be interested in hearing a conservative argument that this isn't the case when it comes to private health insurance companies. Recent retirees I know are quite relieved to now be on Medicare. Granted, many medical providers probably wouldn't take it if everyone were on it due to its lower payments than private insurance, right?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just want to make it clear....Medicare isn't free.....we each have a monthly payment plus the payment of the supplemental we choose.

newfie

I'd be interested in hearing a conservative argument that this isn't the case when it comes to private health insurance companies. Recent retirees I know are quite relieved to now be on Medicare. Granted, many medical providers probably wouldn't take it if everyone were on it due to its lower payments than private insurance, right?

retirees i know are relieved they have a secondary insurance to pick up what medicare does not

newfie

Given this, are they worse off than younger folks on typical private health insurance plans?

what we all have now is a collection of band aids. there are options to minimize the impact of the short comings in health care that we see.

the secondary or supplemental is a fix to medicare that would not be an option if we went medicare for all.

to insure everyone those who have a dollar in their pocket would have to surrender it to pay for those who pay nothing into the system.

better off under todays rules does not equate to the same level of insurance under a medicare for all system.

those who have health care now would have to sacrifice to fund those who do not.

Obamacare gave us an illustration of where medicare for all would end up

It will be fine

what we all have now is a collection of band aids. there are options to minimize the impact of the short comings in health care that we see.

the secondary or supplemental is a fix to medicare that would not be an option if we went medicare for all.

to insure everyone those who have a dollar in their pocket would have to surrender it to pay for those who pay nothing into the system.

better off under todays rules does not equate to the same level of insurance under a medicare for all system.

those who have health care now would have to sacrifice to fund those who do not.

Obamacare gave us an illustration of where medicare for all would end up
Why do you think there wouldn’t be secondary insurance under a M4A system?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
1. Medicare Part A isn't 'free', it is purchased with premiums were taken from your paycheck and that were forcibly matched by your employer.
2. Medicare part B isn't 'free', it is purchased through a premium (typically) deducted from your Social Security benefit.
3. Medicare Supplementals aren't 'free', the optional Dental, Prescription Drug, and Gap Coverage are (typically) deducted from your Social Security benefit.

Have you noticed the common denominators? Medicare isn't 'free', and you must have worked to receive these benefits. Putting everyone to work is THE fundamental requirement for a solid foundation for Social Security/Medicare. Opting out of working should automatically opt you out of the program.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It’s these type of nuanced well thought out posts that truly demonstrate your understanding of any subject matter.
You asked a yes or no question and throw insults when you get one.

It's not complicated.
We can't afford Medicare for some, much less Medicare for all.

Liberals can't do math.
Idiots.