Economics

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
In theory... in my region a 600 mile sweep of Chicago gets Ground packages next day delivery. Why unless you need it at 7am would you choose to use Express. People are conscious of costs, face it. Why overnight things when the Ground guy gets there before the Express guy? Especially obvious when the toner place in Madison gets an order at 16:00 and I deliver it in Milwaukee at 7:30 the next morning.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
If you back out of our forum a few steps, there is talk of Amazon jumping to FedEx. So add 50 stops with indirect sign to your day.

!Retired!

People sometimes choose Express to 'guarantee' next day service. Just because Ground CAN get it there the next day, there's no guarantee it will be there.

thedownhillEXPRESS

In theory... in my region a 600 mile sweep of Chicago gets Ground packages next day delivery. Why unless you need it at 7am would you choose to use Express. People are conscious of costs, face it. Why overnight things when the Ground guy gets there before the Express guy? Especially obvious when the toner place in Madison gets an order at 16:00 and I deliver it in Milwaukee at 7:30 the next morning.

Most customers in my area are terrified of the Ground drivers, they aren't sure if there was just a prison break or the county closed up the mental ward....

I for one can't imagine what it looks like in Murder Capitol USA Chicago...

northbound

Most customers in my area are terrified of the Ground drivers, they aren't sure if there was just a prison break or the county closed up the mental ward....

I for one can't imagine what it looks like in Murder Capitol USA Chicago...

Don't you ever sick of posting such nonsense?

Doc Sorting Dude

With all the action seemingly headed for ground lately we (express) might be handling their overflow, hell, aside from the truck can you tell one Fedex crr from a ground or HD or even freight driver?

bbsam

Staff member
With all the action seemingly headed for ground lately we (express) might be handling their overflow, hell, aside from the truck can you tell one Fedex crr from a ground or HD or even freight driver?

LOL!!! NO, I Can't. Much to the dismay of many around here, we are all Ground now!