Eddie Gallagher

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Eddie Gallagher helped make a bad week for Trump worse this week, or maybe better if you're a hard core Trumper.

As a man with zero integrity, Trump took the low road and restored Gallagher's rank and kept him as a Navy SEAL, enraging many Navy brass, including the commander of all SEAL teams. The end result was the resignation of the Secretary of the Navy, and a lot of division among the military leaders as to what was right.

Gallagher pled his case on FOX News, both alone and in the person of his attorney, appearing on the network at precisely the hour Trump watches the network. Well-known he does this.

Gallagher claims he was railroaded, and that posing with an enemy corpse didn't rise to level of punishment he was about to receive. But Gallagher did much more than just pose. He went to a hospital/clinic where a wounded enemy combatant was being treated for his wounds, and essentially murdered him there in the hospital.

At trial, another SEAL member who had either witnessed this or had direct knowledge of it, changed his testimony at the last second, claiming he had actually killed the enemy. Because he'd been granted immunity, it was a free pass for Gallagher. This medic had told investigators what had happened but changed their story under intense pressure to take one for the team.

I have zero empathy for the enemy. Go ahead and pose with a corpse...who cares? But to go in and cowardly murder the man while under treatment violates the integrity of our armed forces and the way they conduct themselves. This is the core issue, and where a zero integrity president is at odds with honorable warriors.

Trump could care less about Gallagher. It's all about Trump, and what's good for him, and what plays to his base. He made a political calculation that his base would like his actions, and disregarded the honorable military leaders who saw that a Gallagher free pass weakens both the integrity and honor of our armed services.

Tell the whole Gallagher story, Mr. Trump, and quit playing politics with our military. You go to Afghanistan and today announce peace talks with our
sworn enemy, and try and suck your way into more votes.

Zero integrity. Zero honor. An utter loser and a despicable human being.

Box Ox

Trump could care less about Gallagher. It's all about Trump, and what's good for him, and what plays to his base. He made a political calculation that his base would like his actions, and disregarded the honorable military leaders who saw that a Gallagher free pass weakens both the integrity and honor of our armed services.

Tell the whole Gallagher story, Mr. Trump, and quit playing politics with our military. You go to Afghanistan and today announce peace talks with our

You should help a moderate Democrat win the Presidential election next year so we can put an end to this kind of stuff.

newfie

Eddie Gallagher helped make a bad week for Trump worse this week, or maybe better if you're a hard core Trumper.

As a man with zero integrity, Trump took the low road and restored Gallagher's rank and kept him as a Navy SEAL, enraging many Navy brass, including the commander of all SEAL teams. The end result was the resignation of the Secretary of the Navy, and a lot of division among the military leaders as to what was right.

Gallagher pled his case on FOX News, both alone and in the person of his attorney, appearing on the network at precisely the hour Trump watches the network. Well-known he does this.

Gallagher claims he was railroaded, and that posing with an enemy corpse didn't rise to level of punishment he was about to receive. But Gallagher did much more than just pose. He went to a hospital/clinic where a wounded enemy combatant was being treated for his wounds, and essentially murdered him there in the hospital.

At trial, another SEAL member who had either witnessed this or had direct knowledge of it, changed his testimony at the last second, claiming he had actually killed the enemy. Because he'd been granted immunity, it was a free pass for Gallagher. This medic had told investigators what had happened but changed their story under intense pressure to take one for the team.

I have zero empathy for the enemy. Go ahead and pose with a corpse...who cares? But to go in and cowardly murder the man while under treatment violates the integrity of our armed forces and the way they conduct themselves. This is the core issue, and where a zero integrity president is at odds with honorable warriors.

Eddie Gallagher was the victim of a corrupt prosecution.
for that reason its clear Trump felt sympathy for him.

newfie

Mike Pence would make a fine president.

Mike Bloomberg would be a better one.

The old Bloomberg who cleaned up the crime problem in NYC with stop and frisk did a good job. The new Bloomberg that shucks and jives to left wing nuts is no different then any other candidate running on the dems side.

El Correcto

god is dead

You don’t even like the military. Democrats only embrace them out of politics.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You don’t even like the military. Democrats only embrace them out of politics.

Dad was a major in the Army reserve, 2 of my brothers were in USMC. Fully support the military. All 3 of them disagree with Trump's decision because Gallagher dishonors the uniform and the way our military conducts business.

newfie

Dad was a major in the Army reserve, 2 of my brothers were in USMC. Fully support the military. All 3 of them disagree with Trump's decision because Gallagher dishonors the uniform and the way our military conducts business.

Non combatants often try to find combatants that agree with them and can be loosely quoted. The CIC pardoned them. It really does not matter what a few cherry picked lower rankers think of it. its done.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Non combatants often try to find combatants that agree with them and can be loosely quoted. The CIC pardoned them. It really does not matter what a few cherry picked lower rankers think of it. its done.
My uncle is dead but he was a general and superintendent of west point academy and he would have agreed with mrfedex!

Not joking about uncle but, jokes

Serf

All of this unraveled on the National Stage. Media fanning the flames the entire time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Prosecutor fired for misconduct? Gallagher beat all but 1 charge of posing for a pic with a corpse. (His entire platoon was in the picture though.). By and large the entire Seal Community on the Rank & File level has his back.
How it relates on a more personal level; hoping to God your Platoon Leader or Company Commander has your back if and when you may have broke the rules of engagement laws. Military would bury you under the jail if they could. Will your LT or CPT have your back?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All of this unraveled on the National Stage. Media fanning the flames the entire time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Prosecutor fired for misconduct? Gallagher beat all but 1 charge of posing for a pic with a corpse. (His entire platoon was in the picture though.). By and large the entire Seal Community on the Rank & File level has his back.
How it relates on a more personal level; hoping to God your Platoon Leader or Company Commander has your back if and when you may have broke the rules of engagement laws. Military would bury you under the jail if they could. Will your LT or CPT have your back?

They had his back, but going into a hospital and killing an enemy under treatment? Believe me, if it were someone who I knew had been shooting at me and killing my buddies, I'd probably feel the same way and maybe do the same thing.

But...this violates military ethics. The rear admiral who commands all SEAL teams wanted Gallagher to lose his rank and trident. That doesn't sound political. And he had a lot of support among top military brass.

It sounds like Gallagher went rogue, and he beat the murder charge because a fellow SEAL took the rap for killing the enemy. He had immunity, and changed his testimony at trial, a complete 180 from what he had told investigators really happened.

Ultimately, they had his back in court too.