Edmonton UPS Delivery Thief

klein

Für Meno :)
I give up, but most Edmonton drivers work from 8am - 8pm, most times skipping lunch breaks. Yeah, go knock on neighbors doors all day long that aren't home either - you'll be written up for being too slow.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I would rather get written up for that,than buying a pkg I will never see !! FYI down south here in the Good Old USA we also stay out till 8 or 9 pm !!!

klein

I would rather get written up for that,than buying a pkg I will never see !! FYI down south here in the Good Old USA we also stay out till 8 or 9 pm !!!

Well good for you, I hope you have time thru-out the day to go to the neighbors, or maybe that's why you work so late ?
And btw, it';s called "Driver Release" for a reason !

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, according to the local news here, the UPS driver did nothing wrong.
Remember, these are new homes, there are no back doors (2nd entrance door is thru the garage, mostly).

That's typical of us to leave packages like that here.

Either way that package would have been stolen, anyways.
Not sure if it's in the above video link, but the suspects car passed the UPS truck and then drove around the block to snatch the delivery.
I don't remember seeing houses with no back doors. You must have different building codes.

Johney

That guy looked to me like he was following the driver. Looks like he already had another box in the trunk. I'd bet that's not the only D/friend she get's for that day. They will catch him.

klein

I don't remember seeing houses with no back doors. You must have different building codes.

Attached garage homes don't need a back door (as far as I know, since they have their own entrance/exit door). I don't have one, however I have a back patio door that leads to a fenced raised deck that I could jump off easily incase of emergency. Maybe, that's good enough to pass building codes ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That has got to be one of the most brazen yet calm robberies I have ever seen. It takes big ones to back in to someone's driveway, pop the trunk, walk up to the front door and take the package.

Certainly not a text book D/R. I would have brought it around back. Out of sight/out of weather.

klein

Certainly not a text book D/R. I would have brought it around back. Out of sight/out of weather.

That's the problem, these new homes don't have access to the back of their homes from the front side.
You'ld need to drive around the block to get into the Back-Alley way to DR it behind the home.

It's hard to explain, but been there before, and in some destricts I would just drive and deliver thru the Back-Alley instead.

What do you mean "We"? Canadian Hotdog Federation? You haven't been a "We" in a long time. You don't get to keep those privileges the way you went out.

Well good for you, I hope you have time thru-out the day to go to the neighbors, or maybe that's why you work so late ?
And btw, it';s called "Driver Release" for a reason !

More DR's = more drinking time.

I give up, but most Edmonton drivers work from 8am - 8pm, most times skipping lunch breaks. Yeah, go knock on neighbors doors all day long that aren't home either - you'll be written up for being too slow.

Better than being walked out hotdog in hand, right superstar?

klein

Cach, why don't you do the walk before the talk ? Come here just once and follow a UPS truck behind. That's how it's done here !

Cach, why don't you do the walk before the talk ? Come here just once and follow a UPS truck behind. That's how it's done here !

Done? Done how, wrong?

Ha! You're such a pathetic joke Mr. 18 months and out. I've been at it 26 years and counting without even so much as a write up, crash, or lost package.

Nice big FAIL on that attempt, weiner boy.

AssistantSanta

How is that a bad D/R ??? Glad your not my driver !! can't believe you even asked that question !! You work for FEDEX ??
Why would you say that? splozi and I were both seasonal helpers. I don't know what his driver told him but drivers I worked with had me porch drop just like the video.

I was told to porch drop it unless its signature required or DIAD won't allow it.

So, naturally I assume what they had me do is what they would have done themselves. There were some houses with several days worth of newspaper sitting out. If it was me, I won't leave it. Asked the driver and he said "just porch drop it". So, the impression I get is that, that's UPS way.

UPSGUY72

Why would you say that? splozi and I were both seasonal helpers. I don't know what his driver told him but drivers I worked with had me porch drop just like the video.

I was told to porch drop it unless its signature required or DIAD won't allow it.

So, naturally I assume what they had me do is what they would have done themselves. There were some houses with several days worth of newspaper sitting out. If it was me, I won't leave it. Asked the driver and he said "just porch drop it". So, the impression I get is that, that's UPS way.

The key words you need to remember are WERE and SEASONAL and HELPER.

I thought from all your other posts you were a expert on the the goings on as a helper and the rules about delivering packages.

From one of your other post

"I did what I was supposed to do. Deliver correctly and quickly. Since the area I'm in got hit by a wave of theft, the extra time I did have went to make sure to protect the goods like hiding them from thieves, not kids."

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
No, according to the local news here, the UPS driver did nothing wrong.
Remember, these are new homes, there are no back doors (2nd entrance door is thru the garage, mostly).

Either way that package would have been stolen, anyways.
Not sure if it's in the above video link, but the suspects car passed the UPS truck and then drove around the block to snatch the delivery.

Even without a back door I D.R. Back of house. Hit D.R. choose other, type in ,back of house, then scan a notice and put D.R. location on notice. stop complete.

Package to big to keep out of site. At least lay it so lowest profile of package faces street and set door mat upright to cover the end facing street, but even that is stupid.

S

splozi

"I did what I was supposed to do. Deliver correctly and quickly. Since the area I'm in got hit by a wave of theft, the extra time I did have went to make sure to protect the goods like hiding them from thieves, not kids."

Well, you can still leave it to the porch and do your best to keep it out of sight. If there is absolutely nothing to hide it behind, you leave it and move on. Depending on your typical daily load, if you start bringing stuff around to the rear of the house, you might find yourself finishing a lot later than expected.

It also depends on your familiarity with the route. My first driver who "ran me" like a dog had been doing his route for so long that he knew what location the package would be DR'd to based on the address, before even arriving at the destination, 95% of the time. Front porch (behind objects, behind bushes), rear door, side door, garage... even some "secret" locations. Not all drivers have had permanents routes like this long enough to where they have familiarized themselves with the neighborhoods to such an extent.