El Paso Shootings

floridays

Looked it up and he's right on percentage using coal. But he and others are awfully glib about taking away livelihoods.
Look further, global usage, derivatives of coal, just a hint. The market will be driven by cost if not made unfeasible by government edict.
Coal isn't just a lump you got in your Christmas stocking for being a bad boy.
My opinion, a forward looking statement only.

floridays

I wasn't looking to move ... only providing a benchmark for Appalachia N.C.
If it was me I'd pick northeastern Tennessee, southwest Virginia or possibly very northwest North Carolina, simply for access to decent medical care for the buck. You don't have the same limitations as Van however. My opinion only, I do have extended family in the region and it's an opinion I think is based on extensive and what I consider reliable information.
In the end, still only an opinion.
Hell you can buy the Biltmore Estate
in Asheville.

I was gonna add another plus to the area I was speaking of but had to bite my tongue, I'll remain silent on that thought.

vantexan

Like I said, because nobody wants to live there. Simple supply and demand economics.
If they had the coal jobs prices would be considerably higher. Right now there's not another situation I'm aware of on a state wide basis where a retiree or anyone with an income can find property with great scenery for such low prices. That being said there's a town on the Ohio River called Madison, IN that's the most amazing small town I've ever seen. Has the largest contiguous historic district in the U.S. with over 2000 buildings on the National Historic Registry. Wife and I are going there for our anniversary.

floridays

If they had the coal jobs prices would be considerably higher. Right now there's not another situation I'm aware of on a state wide basis where a retiree or anyone with an income can find property with great scenery for such low prices. That being said there's a town on the Ohio River called Madison, IN that's the most amazing small town I've ever seen. Has the largest contiguous historic district in the U.S. with over 2000 buildings on the National Historic Registry. Wife and I are going there for our anniversary.
Best to you and the wife on your trip.
:thumbup1:

Box Ox

floridays

I wasn't looking to move ... only providing a benchmark for Appalachia N.C.
I think he was just pointing out your almost dead.

I didn't unearth this old thread.
I have to note, you're still alive and I hear the weather is marvelous in Appalachia NC today. :thumbup1: :lol:

JK
Glad to have you around. Probably better having you than the Sex in the City broad whose picture you posted.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I think he was just pointing out your almost dead.

I didn't unearth this old thread.
I have to note, you're still alive and I hear the weather is marvelous in Appalachia NC today. :thumbup1: :lol:

JK
Glad to have you around. Probably better having you than the Sex in the City broad whose picture you posted.
I’m in rural South Georgia for my wife’s family reunion.
July is not a great time!