Electronic Contract Voting...Is this true?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were given the option of voting online on our recent pension changes. There was a dedicated website and member specific log in number. I voted online and, just for the hell of it, also mailed my ballot in.

jaker

trolling
They have to do something to get people to vote easier and especially now a days

Still don't think it will help so much with the PT vote

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

barnyard

KTM rider
I believe that the easier it is to vote, the more likely we are to see the 1st proposal rejected. I am not sure what the number of voters are in my building are, but I would bet that very few vote. I would also bet that if they tied voting to an app, stewards could more actively encourage someone to vote.
It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

barnyard

KTM rider
If there are way more votes than in past elections, it will be very easy to scream voter manipulation, when it could just be that no one cared enough to vote, because it is too hard to seal an envelope.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe that the easier it is to vote, the more likely we are to see the 1st proposal rejected. I am not sure what the number of voters are in my building are, but I would bet that very few vote. I would also bet that if they tied voting to an app, stewards could more actively encourage someone to vote.
It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

It would not be tied to an app.

There would be a dedicated website with assigned control numbers.

The process worked quite well during our recent vote on pension fund changes; unfortunately, it did not increase voter participation.