Voting Starts Next Week! How will you vote and why.

Until your next meeting comes around, if you have a few free hours, you can read through this thread, it'll give you some idea of what happened. Be aware that it's a merged thread of about 20 threads, so some of it will seem a little jumbled. Then do a search and read some posts about retro pay. Then take what you learn back to your building and explain to everyone who didn't vote what happens when you aren't actively involved in deciding the future of your working conditions. Fewer and fewer people get to have any say about what happens with their jobs. Not enough of those of us who still do have a voice choose to participate.
These newbies need to go to a meeting every now and again and learn something.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
These newbies need to go to a meeting every now and again and learn something.

I don't know what happens at your meetings, but I wouldn't call ours highly educational. Not to say they shouldn't attend, just you can only learn so much in an hour once a month. People need to take it upon themselves to learn what they need to know. That's part of the reason I joined this forum. Noobs need to do a bit more reading before asking a bunch of questions. I think I spent a year, or more, reading through posts before I really started participating.

I don't know what happens at your meetings, but I wouldn't call ours highly educational. Not to say they shouldn't attend, just you can only learn so much in an hour once a month. People need to take it upon themselves to learn what they need to know. That's part of the reason I joined this forum. Noobs need to do a bit more reading before asking a bunch of questions. I think I spent a year, or more, reading through posts before I really started participating.
That's where you can ask questions and get real answers.