Employee filming

So as a pt sup I was instructed to do some hourly work from my full time sup. An hourly recorded me. I was just wondering if that is allowed and if not who do I speak with?

Johney

Why do you care? You were doing hourly work and got caught, greivance will be filed and someone will get paid. Besides don't you think whoever took the video is going to show it to someone anyways?

Yolo

Idk but as a hourly I would advise other hourlys not to film sups. Management could spin that as stealing time.

But as a PT sup just do what a ft sup says. Do the grievances come out of your check? You are in a dead end job. Who gives a poo?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nothing I just did it. The Union steward is a slide sorter, he shrugged and said just do what you’re told. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Interesting.

I get it. I was a PT supervisor but that was a long time ago. I would have responded differently.

Also seems like a poor response from the Union Steward.

Do you believe “work as directed” justifies unethical behavior by Part Time Supervisors when they are simply doing as they are told by a Full-Time Supervisor.?

HavenoEDD

Had a situation happen a few years back with a driver who was blamed for leaving tire tracks in a driveway. Called it in, sup came out and told him not to worry and finish the days work. Few days later center manager pulled driver in, walked him out and the driver went through hell to get job back. They did everything they could to mess with him. Poor guy. Became a matter of he said/she said.

Kicker was that whilst it’s “illegal” the driver recorded the initial on road convo and gave that info to the BA. BA made mention of it and company didn’t want to fight it. Driver was reinstated with full back pay.

Why did the driver record? Drivers from where the Sup transferred from said he did things like that to other drivers and good drivers got fired. Word got round and believe me recording convos is more common than you think.

Whilst company says in employment contract that employees cannot record if your state isn’t a one party state with regards to recording laws…if you hire a good attorney they will have fun with it and company will play ball.

A valuable weapon/threat to have against the sups that think they can say and do what they want. Seen many crumble with the threat and many say they don’t care only for word to spread and then things are addressed.

More importantly, as a PT Sup yeah do as instructed but you also should learn about the company that poop runs downhill and grievances aren’t coming out of your paycheck or affect you. If you do stuff and ft isn’t approved it, you might get a talking to but management knows what they are doing when they touch packages and other scab things many centers do. Depends on if the PTers and drivers do anything about and file.

Had a situation happen a few years back with a driver who was blamed for leaving tire tracks in a driveway. Called it in, sup came out and told him not to worry and finish the days work. Few days later center manager pulled driver in, walked him out and the driver went through hell to get job back. They did everything they could to mess with him. Poor guy. Became a matter of he said/she said.

Kicker was that whilst it’s “illegal” the driver recorded the initial on road convo and gave that info to the BA. BA made mention of it and company didn’t want to fight it. Driver was reinstated with full back pay.

Why did the driver record? Drivers from where the Sup transferred from said he did things like that to other drivers and good drivers got fired. Word got round and believe me recording convos is more common than you think.

Whilst company says in employment contract that employees cannot record if your state isn’t a one party state with regards to recording laws…if you hire a good attorney they will have fun with it and company will play ball.

A valuable weapon/threat to have against the sups that think they can say and do what they want. Seen many crumble with the threat and many say they don’t care only for word to spread and then things are addressed.

More importantly, as a PT Sup yeah do as instructed but you also should learn about the company that poop runs downhill and grievances aren’t coming out of your paycheck or affect you. If you do stuff and ft isn’t approved it, you might get a talking to but management knows what they are doing when they touch packages and other scab things many centers do. Depends on if the PTers and drivers do anything about and file.
Could you point me to, or provide proof that the company contract says you can’t record unless you’re in a one party state. It’d be very much appreciated