Employee filming

HavenoEDD

Could you point me to, or provide proof that the company contract says you can’t record unless you’re in a one party state. It’d be very much appreciated
**Im not advocating this but in response to you here is the below. Personally, I’d request a steward and write everything down as evidence **

This is what the driver talked about after their issue. In a one party consent state (38 of the 50) the person does not have to notify the other of recording. End of story.

The company policy is below. UPS employee handbook last reviewed 8-2018 page 6 point 25.

RECORDINGS OF CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN EMPLOYEES
Employees are prohibited from making audio and/or video recordings of conversations or other exchanges that they have with their colleagues, managers or others in a work context either where those conversations/exchanges are face to face or by telephone, unless they have the express consent of the other party to the conversation, or the Company. Any such covert recordings without the consent of the Company could lead to disciplinary action. This also applies to any hearings or investigatory meetings held under the Company disciplinary, competency and grievance procedures. This does not affect any rights to take written.

Johney

When has a supervisor working grievance ever been paid? Especially during Peak?
Please just they don't pay them in your pusillanimous center doesnt mean they don't elsewhere. I saw our stewards every other day in early hammering p/t sups for working and getting paid.

PPH_over_9000

Could you point me to, or provide proof that the company contract says you can’t record unless you’re in a one party state. It’d be very much appreciated

As already stated, this isn't a contractual issue-- it's a legal one, and it's going to vary from state to state. There's a chart in the above PDF that should help you figure out what you can and can't do in your state with regard to recording conversations.

**Im not advocating this but in response to you here is the below. Personally, I’d request a steward and write everything down as evidence **

This is what the driver talked about after their issue. In a one party consent state (38 of the 50) the person does not have to notify the other of recording. End of story.

The company policy is below. UPS employee handbook last reviewed 8-2018 page 6 point 25.

Employees are prohibited from making audio and/or video recordings of conversations or other exchanges that they have with their colleagues, managers or others in a work context either where those conversations/exchanges are face to face or by telephone, unless they have the express consent of the other party to the conversation, or the Company. Any such covert recordings without the consent of the Company could lead to disciplinary action. This also applies to any hearings or investigatory meetings held under the Company disciplinary, competency and grievance procedures. This does not affect any rights to take written.
I think state law overrides any company law. Again, I think. I’m just trying to learn. Thanks

nWo

Aren't there usually cameras in the managers offices? Do those record audio?

Anyways if I can catch a management official saying he's going to have my black ass fired for reporting a work place injury. I'd love to see management fire me for recording that. I'll have that audio on every news channel in the tristate.

Commercial Inside Release

Your employer has no legal authority whatsoever. There are no UPS laws. They can only call the cops on you, if you do something against the state & federal law. The only drastic things UPS can do, is fire you, report you to the authorities, and possibly take you to court (but this is rare.) The public generally doesn't approve of corporations suing individual citizens.

Check your state laws, before you start recording anyone.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your employer has no legal authority whatsoever. There are no UPS laws. They can only call the cops on you, if you do something against the state & federal law. The only drastic things UPS can do, is fire you, report you to the authorities, and possibly take you to court (but this is rare.) The public generally doesn't approve of corporations suing individual citizens.

Check your state laws, before you start recording anyone.

Have fun.... fighting that through the grievance procedure.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
So as a pt sup I was instructed to do some hourly work from my full time sup. An hourly recorded me. I was just wondering if that is allowed and if not who do I speak with?
Probably just filming you to send to his buddies saying look at the supervisor sweat😂😂😂

I love watching part time supervisors work , I stand behind them and tell them their not going fast enough….how’s it feel now? 😂

@MECH-lift WINS
🧔‍♂️✊

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
So as a pt sup I was instructed to do some hourly work from my full time sup. An hourly recorded me. I was just wondering if that is allowed and if not who do I speak with?
furio-bee.gif