Employee Relations- ERI

D

dammor

Dannyboy,

Those team meetings we had years ago were a forced thing and came down to many of us having to set for 15 minutes watching others scarf down doughnuts. They were a bust from the get go. Your statement that it made the teamsters afraid is humorous to me. Did any ideas ya'll came up with turn into a change in policy? I think the whole effort was supposed to make us feel more involved. Good idea, but wrong approach here. At that point in time I don't think anyone in management or in hourly believed it would change a thing. Perhaps that is why it didn't. What I find frustrating is working with good management people who's hands are tied by the ones above them. That would be the person on the phone from hundreds of miles away that is looking at nothing but numbers. We can, and do run a tight operation here, but we get killed sometimes because the God in Alaska tells our guys to cut a run. They do because they are told to. We work till dark thirty beause we stay out till the job is done. It's a vicious cycle. Other than that, it's a good job.
grin.gif

D

dannyboy

Ours actually did change things for the better, for a while. Then as you said, the calls started comming and the light was put out.

While for the most part things have gotten back to the way they were, there are several things that we still accomplish now that we were not able to before.

On my route, we meet up for lunch (about 3-7 drivers) and if someone wants to get in early, the rest volunteer to help out. Seldom do we ever ask for an 8 hour dispatch, cause it just wont happen. So we do it ourselves. Quite often that does put several of us into the over 9.5 list, but that does come with the job. THat was never there before.

But I guess it was just like our safety meetings, you get out what you put in. And if you just sit there and let managment run the show, it will be their show.

d

E

ezrider

Interested I'm with you all the way about trying to improve the ERI.Believe me,I was very skeptical of it years ago in it's origin.Back then,the issues that many drivers wanted addressed by management were not reflected in the survey questions.I would say by with the very means you stated(that is of course pointing out to the managers that we all thought it needed to be improved)the survey has improved over time.I didn't think 5 years ago I'd ever see a space devoted to letting someone post comments in the survey.That right there tells me "OK,if you still don't feel like you had a fair shake with this thing,then tell us in your own words what's eating you." I'm not sure I'd want the company planning all of it's strategies based on the results of it regardless.Like I said,it's just a tool to gauge opinion and by no means the only tool. Dammor I think you really hit it between the eyes with the comment on having a good boss making it much easier.I've always tried to tell them when I think that they have fixed or alleviated a problem.That's another useful tool that some would never think of using.

L

local804

I think the ERI will make a good point to Atlanta if there is a problem with the center team.I just see it way too easy for someone to play with the numbers.

T

tieguy

"Tie,

Being called an idiot is not civil discourse."

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

parttimejon

asked about our ERI results today. they dropped 15 points. new manager from security could have something do with that. he has no clue how to run a hub but he tries hard. alittle to hard i think.

I

interested

Tie,

I don't understand your response. I agreed with you about being called an idiot-did you read the rest of my post? Do you have any thoughts on the subject?

I would like to hear them.

D

dammor

Tie has no response on the supject because I called him an idiot and he can't let go of that.
Here we go Tie, I take it back. I was wrong to call you an idiot. I am serious whan I say it was ignorant on my part. I have known for years that no progress is made by pushing those that are unable to roll with it a bit. You sound very intelligent to me when you are not angry. If you can control that you will be a better manager and a much happier person. Good Luck.....

T

tieguy

Interested my thoughts on the subject is your trying unusually hard to "coach" me on how you think I should behave on this board. Your "coaching" is unwanted. I'm sure some of the union guys here will appreciate your "I'm management and I'm here to kiss the union guys but" routine. They will most certainly tell you how refreshing it is to have their but kissed by a management person. I am not receptive to your condescending style and will prefer to be honest instead , brutally so at times.

T

tieguy

Thanks Dammor but not needed. Anger is not all bad. Just do me a favor and learn to take my emotion out of what I say and I'll try to do the same. I do believe your sincere in what you say and I respect that even when I disagree. The kid is another story. He's a pure jerk and I find it very difficult to believe he has any redeeming qualities at work.

I

interested

Tie,

You are a piece of work! To each his own I guess. I will try to stay out of your way.

T

tieguy

I don't need you to stay out of my way I just need you to become another poster on this board and not my personal mentor and savior.

D

deliver_man

<font color="ff0000">I don't need you to stay out of my way I just need you to become another poster on this board and not my personal mentor and savior.
</font><font color="000000">Like a force of nature, Tieguy will not be controlled by mortal men....</font>

L

local804

I wish UPS would post the ERI reports like they post the driver follow-ups or miss-delivered packages on the bulletin board.They have so much information on how bad or good we do postedfor all to see,I just wish they showed theirs.

L

local804

I have not seen them posted for the 18 years I have been around. Not once.....

L

local804

Actually, right before each ERI, they pull like 6 questions from last years ERI with the percentages and they talk about each one at the pcm`s.

8up

last year we posted some very good numbers (81% favorable). this year the management did nothing, no ERI committee, no meeting, no pizza, no PCM's, just nothing, now they are scratching their heads wondering how there was a 12% drop. so now they are forming a committee for next year, we'll wait to see how many of them are still in the center next year.
lol.gif

K

kidlogic

Tie in response to your question if I do anything to derive a good feeling from doing a good job or a good deed then I am motivated by ego is wrong. I am on saftey,on the lead team, and a scratch driver {these qualities from a post on this thread you find non-redeeming,but you are often confused
crazy.gif
} out of pride not ego. Pride being defined as reasonable or justifiable self respect.
Ego on the other hand is defined as an exaggerated sense of self importance. That would be you. That is why Dammor called you an IDIOT and Intrested wants to stay out of your way because when someone violates Tieguy's ego zone by posting a superior thought. It actually angers you to a point where you digress to spewing off verbal garbage in order to protect your fragile ego. Thank god Cheryl has stepped in and put you on time out. You dont play well with others....