Employee steals packages in kck

beatupbrown

Employee allegedly steals packages from UPS facility in KCK

Police were investigating the possible theft of packages by an UPS employee at a center in Kansas City, Kan., according to police and company officials.
The alleged theft at the facility on North James Street was uncovered by UPS, and following its own internal investigation the company decided to call police, said Elizabeth Rasberry, a spokeswoman for UPS in Atlanta.
The investigation is still ongoing, Rasberry said, and no number of packages or their estimated value was available.
Rasberry said the company stands by the reliability of its network and takes security very seriously.
She suggested customers concerned about the status of their packages should check their tracking numbers on www.ups.com.
UPS contacted police a few days ago concerning the alleged theft, said officer Jackie Waters, a department spokeswoman. One person has been taken in for questioning, she said.
Employee allegedly steals packages from UPS facility in KCK

Police were investigating the possible theft of packages by an UPS employee at a center in Kansas City, Kan., according to police and company officials.
The alleged theft at the facility on North James Street was uncovered by UPS, and following its own internal investigation the company decided to call police, said Elizabeth Rasberry, a spokeswoman for UPS in Atlanta.
The investigation is still ongoing, Rasberry said, and no number of packages or their estimated value was available.
Rasberry said the company stands by the reliability of its network and takes security very seriously.
She suggested customers concerned about the status of their packages should check their tracking numbers on www.ups.com.
UPS contacted police a few days ago concerning the alleged theft, said officer Jackie Waters, a department spokeswoman. One person has been taken in for questioning, she said.

trickpony1

It astounds me that anyone would be stupid enough to think they could get away with this.
Charles Darwin was right: the weak and the stupid perish, the strong and the smart survive.
The weak and the stupid think they can steal and get away with it.

......so much for the shallow gene pool.

ikoi62

this is news?
in the building im at the Police are there 2 to 3 times a month..sometimes more..always the same items. ipods, cell phones,jewelry.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
29k shame on u.p.s for not catching on sooner with all this technology we have they are more concered on a guy being over 9.5 than catching that thief this place blows my mind but we are still making money !!! :sick:

The people they catch stealing is a drop in the bucket compared to how many are getting away with it. That applies in any industry and is factored into the cost of doing business. The technology UPS deploys does improve LP's ability to catch thieves. The issue lies in the enforcement of policy. Large buildings have guard shacks, metal detectors, cameras, LP staff, etc but the small facilities almost always have no guard shack, no metal detectors and not even an LP person on-site.

rod

Retired 22 years
The people they catch stealing is a drop in the bucket compared to how many are getting away with it. That applies in any industry and is factored into the cost of doing business. The technology UPS deploys does improve LP's ability to catch thieves. The issue lies in the enforcement of policy. Large buildings have guard shacks, metal detectors, cameras, LP staff, etc but the small facilities almost always have no guard shack, no metal detectors and not even an LP person on-site.
We even had our own keys to the building.I still have a key even though I've been retired for 6 years. In the 70's and 80's a few drivers would meet at the building on Sundays and wash their personal vehicals and have a beer or two. As far as I can remember no one was ever charged with theft at our center. (other than being accused of stealing time ha ha)

raceanoncr

We even had our own keys to the building.I still have a key even though I've been retired for 6 years. In the 70's and 80's a few drivers would meet at the building on Sundays and wash their personal vehicals and have a beer or two. As far as I can remember no one was ever charged with theft at our center. (other than being accused of stealing time ha ha)

Aaa...Rod...for post verification purposes only, what is your address, your phone #, the name of your spouse, your children's names, their SS #, and please supply a clay imprint of your house key...for post verification purposes only!!!

ogrelord

Ground Down
We had a kid acouple of years ago steal a rolex and then went to the same pawn shop that had shipped it out, to pawn it. we still get a chuckle out of that one in are center..

HazMatMan

It's funny how that made the news but the District Manager in New York City rode off into the sunset without a word written about him in the news...

rod

Retired 22 years
Aaa...Rod...for post verification purposes only, what is your address, your phone #, the name of your spouse, your children's names, their SS #, and please supply a clay imprint of your house key...for post verification purposes only!!!
1234 Easy Street , Colder Than a well diggers ***. North Country, USA, 555 EAT- Sh** ,Gertrude, Dale Jr. and Dalen Jr, . 496-56-8989 and 496-56-8990. House ain't locked up. Neither is the Rottwieler:gun_banda:hammer::death::2guns::2guns::2guns::tt2::happy2: