ENOUGH IS ENOUGH PEOPLE!!!

959Nanook

Ours is a Teamster pension fund.

Resident know-it-all.

There is still plenty of ways the next contract can affect both your pension and your net retirement income (if not in the short run, over your lifetime)... more importantly, it probably doesn't even require a vote of the membership for the most likely occurrence that will affect your net retirement income insofar as the Teamsters are concerned.

You might be inclined to say that this supports your point since it doesn't directly involve the UPS Contract though past, current, and future contracts with UPS and every other participant in your Pension Trust and health care plan have consequences. We experienced this in Local 959 when our Health and Welfare Trust was weak and required rehab. UPS was kicking in its share and more... some of the other participants were not contributing their share. Quite often, the Active rank and file voting on contracts want wage increases and are less worried about the other portions of the economics in a contract. This has an impact on you when are a Retiree even if you can't point to one specific contract and label it as the problem.

Without any details about your healthcare, I will say rising costs of health care (increased premiums and/or reduced benefits) will probably be the biggest influence on the value of your Teamster's retirement. That assumes the assets in your Pension Trust stay healthy over your lifetime because you better believe the Trustees will reduce your retirement to preserve the Trust if it is necessary (again, no vote of the membership once Trustee elections are over).

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Everybody has been on this forum viciously fighting each other for over a year now. The contract is implemented (except for 705 & 710) and there is not a darn thing we can do about it now!

It's time for everybody to stop crying about the past and look to what is ahead. We have the general president elections and many other elections coming soon, and we have four years left on this contract. Four years is not a lot of time, but if everybody keeps looking back we will never ever get any where.

I see it constantly on this board where we tear each other apart for what has happened. Well NEWS FLASH the past can not be undone, there is no optimism in the past, there is no future in the past! Everybody has points and many of them are good and valuable, but the wound licking has gone on long enough. We should all try our best to band together and end this. Strength is in numbers and if the numbers are divided then we will fall.

All I'm saying is please let's get this behind us. I'm sure that upper management can see what is going on here and it does nothing but pleases them to know that many of us can not stand each other, so let's show them. Lets rise up with the wind at our backs and show them our numbers when we run them over like a steam roller on the next contract!!!!!!!! (of course with a leadership in D.C. that is actually on OUR side)

That is all, Thanks Brothers

Best of luck to 705 & 710.
Keep fighting the good fight!
The problem is that people are just starting to see what Teamcare is all about. It took a little while to see the effects, but they are seeing the "plan" in action are rehashing the fight on the contract. Some of those people probably wish they could vote again.

I agreed in another thread that it was a done deal and we need to work on removing Hoffa and Hall in 2016 and eliminating Teamcare in the UPS 2018 contract, but by no means will this stop me from continuing to express my displeasure with the ones that voted me into this lousy healthcare plan. And there are people still defending it.

O/C

Really what can be done, TDU and the power structure in Washington are not the answer, same suit, different tie clips. Seriously does anybody believe the union is currently working on behalf of their members? This last contract was a prime example of just how weak our union is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Really what can be done, TDU and the power structure in Washington are not the answer, same suit, different tie clips. Seriously does anybody believe the union is currently working on behalf of their members? This last contract was a prime example of just how weak our union is.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Silly question. Isn't a union made up of its members? Therefore it's strength or weakness be proportional to the strength of those members?

O/C

The members are drowning in apathy. Considering what happened with this contract would anybody agree that we need separate contracts with part time and full time members. When a five month part time member starts affecting our retirement and H/W benefits there is a problem.

What are the chances that the International will be willing to have that much power given to their members. Sure would force some aggressive negotiations.

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

The problem is that people are just starting to see what Teamcare is all about. It took a little while to see the effects, but they are seeing the "plan" in action are rehashing the fight on the contract. Some of those people probably wish they could vote again.

I agreed in another thread that it was a done deal and we need to work on removing Hoffa and Hall in 2016 and eliminating Teamcare in the UPS 2018 contract, but by no means will this stop me from continuing to express my displeasure with the ones that voted me into this lousy healthcare plan. And there are people still defending it.

So what specifically are the main problems with Teamcare? GIVE ME FACTS? Not speculation.

UPS was not going to pay 100% of our healthcare costs any longer so I don't know what to think?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So what specifically are the main problems with Teamcare? GIVE ME FACTS? Not speculation.

UPS was not going to pay 100% of our healthcare costs any longer so I don't know what to think?
OK. Here are a few.

I had no copay for scripts. Now I have to pay $5 generic or name brand.

I have to use to CVS network for my scripts. I used to be able to go anywhere.

Maintanance meds have to be mail order or I am responsible for 50% of the cost.

I had no deductible. I will now have a $200 deductible starting in 2017 and do you really think it will ever go away?

I used to only have to work 1 day a month to maintain my healthcare. Now I have to work 1 day a week or I lose it for that week. So much for taking a week off unpaid if there are extra drivers.

If I have to go to the emergency room for what I think may be a serious problem and am not admitted, I am responsible for 20% of the cost. Was not that way before.

I am limited to Quest for any diagnostic testing. I was able to go anywhere before.

If I see an out of network doctor within 2 years before I die, my family is not eligible for an additional 5 years of medical coverage.

The list goes on but I am tired of typing. Basically I got screwed because I had people in other states voting on my healthcare.

Buster would have settled with the hold outs and let us keep our healthcare, but Hoffa wanted no part of that.

If you want more examples, I could go on for another hour.

By The Book

Silly question. Isn't a union made up of its members? Therefore it's strength or weakness be proportional to the strength of those members?
Only if we the members are included every step in the process. One example would be if they proposed what we wanted by a majority vote to be negotiated on. They went to the table with their mind made up on what they wanted. They got their azzes handed to them and we are stuck with it. The good news is a lot of members will pay attention to the next proposal.

T

Turdferguson

OK. Here are a few.

I had no deductible. I will now have a $200 deductible starting in 2017 and do you really think it will ever go away?

I used to only have to work 1 day a month to maintain my healthcare. Now I have to work 1 day a week or I lose it for that week. So much for taking a week off unpaid if there are extra drivers.

If I have to go to the emergency room for what I think may be a serious problem and am not admitted, I am responsible for 20% of the cost. Was not that way before.

I am limited to Quest for any diagnostic testing. I was able to go anywhere before.

If I see an out of network doctor within 2 years before I die, my family is not eligible for an additional 5 years of medical coverage.

The list goes on but I am tired of typing. Basically I got screwed because I had people in other states voting on my healthcare.

Buster would have settled with the hold outs and let us keep our healthcare, but Hoffa wanted no part of that.

3 month supply of scripts FREE would have been $119.00 before new teamcare went into effect. If thats how the new teamcare is going to work out ,you having to pay a copay is a sacrifice I am willing to make

Sent using BrownCafe App

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
OK. Here are a few.

You forgot the horrible customer service wait times!!!

Only if we the members are included every step in the process. One example would be if they proposed what we wanted by a majority vote to be negotiated on. They went to the table with their mind made up on what they wanted. They got their azzes handed to them and we are stuck with it. The good news is a lot of members will pay attention to the next proposal.

And hopefully at the next elections. And vote. And become stewards and BA's. And.......

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
3 month supply of scripts FREE would have been $119.00 before new teamcare went into effect. If thats how the new teamcare is going to work out ,you having to pay a copay is a sacrifice I am willing to make

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree that some of you were already in Teamcare and now got your benefits improved, but at a cost to me. I said it before...why did you want to bring me down to your level of healthcare instead of fighting to bring youself up to my level?

You basically screwed over other members to get better healthcare for yourselves. I understand. Everybody for themselves. But don't hate me for wanting to keep my healthcare, which we were legally allowed to do, by voting no on my rider. I am sorry this may have held up your retro check, but like I just agreed to, everybody has to look out for themselves first.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Sent using BrownCafe App
This is over and done. Hoffa imposed Teamcare on me. Some people got the enhanced C6 plan. I am happy they got their benefits increased.

Would I be willing to take less on healthcare to allow others to get a better plan? We will never know. Hoffa would not let me decide. He made the choice for me.

The original intent of this post was to let others know that more and more peope are complaining about Teamcare everyday as they find out how bad it is. I knew all about the hidden changes, you know, the ones Hoffa knew about but did not want anyone else to know about.

The only way to eliminate teamcare is to eliminate Hoffa and Hall. Make your voice heard in 2016.

Irishman Collins

I Will never stop screaming about the injustices done to all of us by the I.B.T. and I will continue to debate this issue untill the current officials both locally and International are sent packing. I apologize to no one for being passionate about wanting our Union to be strong again and not in the pockets of corporations or Taft Hartley Health plans!!! The fight will go on

Sent using BrownCafe App

T

Turdferguson

I agree that some of you were already in Teamcare and now got your benefits improved, but at a cost to me. I said it before...why did you want to bring me down to your level of healthcare instead of fighting to bring youself up to my level?
In any contract NO ONE gets everything they want. Would I have liked free healthcare that coast me nothing ? Sure who wouldn't, but that was not going to happen. Are there parts of this contract that I do not like? Yes there are. I don't like the fact that the dollar amount was removed for accidents before UPS can take someone out of service. Don't like the four year progression for top pay now for full time. List could go on and on, but do like increased strength for 9.5 ( which does nothing for me now in what I do out there now since I got off the meat grinder of full time driving), I do like cheaper scripts for my family. Give and take it is what happens in contract negotiations.
But don't hate me for wanting to keep my healthcare, which we were legally allowed to do, by voting no on my rider

Healthcare was a national issue no matter how much you voted NO that was set when the national passed on 1st vote. So no holding up the ratification of your rider was just spitting in the wind as far as healthcare was concerned. , and not legal as far as the I.B.T was concerned.