Epic Terminations!

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Our center had a driver pulled over on the route by the police and charged with drunk driving. He is wearing his brown shirt in his mug shot. The shot is high enough that it doesn’t show the UPS emblem but us UPSers know it is his work shirt.
Did he keep his job?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I only know about Feeder driver terms

sleeping on the clock
coming in drunk or on drugs ( obvious in a couple cases )
fighting
altering paper time cards . this was back around 1994
threatening to come to work with a gun to kill a supervisor ( he was suspended pending a psyche evaluation and then termed )
one guy was a constant no call no show ( he had a better paying business on the side....not so much on the side apparently )

HavenoEDD

Driver gets suspended for fooling around with UPS store manager. She wasn’t game, reported it and he got suspended a week. Believe he got suspended or reported for hitting on a female sup also.

Driver goes up a driveway, hits front bumper of customers car. Driver then goes into the customers neighbor garage and “borrows” tools and tried to pull a dent out of the car that he hit.

Nothing happened until customers camera caught him doing it. Denied doing it until they said they had video.

Still has a job.
All the same guy.
Drivers don’t get fired in our center.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Driver gets suspended for fooling around with UPS store manager. She wasn’t game, reported it and he got suspended a week. Believe he got suspended or reported for hitting on a female sup also.

Driver goes up a driveway, hits front bumper of customers car. Driver then goes into the customers neighbor garage and “borrows” tools and tried to pull a dent out of the car that he hit.

Nothing happened until customers camera caught him doing it. Denied doing it until they said they had video.

Still has a job.
All the same guy.
Drivers don’t get fired in our center.

Should put his papers for management.. he seems to be the type...

Whereistheunion

Best stories of people getting fired? Like 100% guilty, hand in the cookie jar, do not pass go, it’s not going to panel, type stuff.

I recently heard an anecdote about a guy from a small satellite center on the coast. Basically this fella’s side business started to do really well, so he decided to let his wife run his route after he left the hub each morning, and would jump back in the truck to bring it back. This hustle worked well for several months apparently, until one day the supervisor goes out on the safety ride. Husband runs the route all day, but customer after customer asks “Hey, where’s Jill?” or “is the normal lady sick?”
Management investigated and the fella was let go the next day.

I love a good hustle even if it eventually blows up.
His wife would've made a HELLUVA REGULAR UPS DRIVER. WOW

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Years ago we had a labor manager get fired for filling his own car on property...

:nobrainzombis:
23212436x58uU75w.gif

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Back when we took cash, we had a driver that was gambling with it on the weekends. Apparently he always paid it back but shippers were wondering why their money was late. 16 years, down the drain.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
His wife would've made a HELLUVA REGULAR UPS DRIVER. WOW

Her husband found a new job .. he became a pimp.
Best stories of people getting fired? Like 100% guilty, hand in the cookie jar, do not pass go, it’s not going to panel, type stuff.

I recently heard an anecdote about a guy from a small satellite center on the coast. Basically this fella’s side business started to do really well, so he decided to let his wife run his route after he left the hub each morning, and would jump back in the truck to bring it back. This hustle worked well for several months apparently, until one day the supervisor goes out on the safety ride. Husband runs the route all day, but customer after customer asks “Hey, where’s Jill?” or “is the normal lady sick?”
Management investigated and the fella was let go the next day.

I love a good hustle even if it eventually blows up.

Was his name Jack?

Thebrownblob

The guys in Newport would get that much. They would go to the bank and get a cashiers check. I never had more than 3k.
I remember I had one jewelry store in the hood. The guy would go back to the safe to get the pile of cash he was going to give me.

One time a couple of sketchy looking dudes were sitting on my bumper. I was pretty sure he called some of his buddies to beat the hell out of me and get the money back lol. I tiptoed in the truck started it and drove off with them still sitting on the back as they jumped off. Proceeded to call my supervisor to come out and grab this damn money it was every bit of $10,000 if I remember correctly.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Years ago there was a driver who was being groomed for management. She had appeared in the Big Idea, and her customers , the center manager and DM just loved her.

Well they loved her until Shippers started complaining about how long it took for them to get paid for their cash COD's.
This young lady would "borrow" the money for a week or two, then turn the COD tag in with cash. She honestly disnt think she was doing anything wrong as she wasnt.as she said Stealing,rather she was Borrowing...........................

She was right above me in the Seniority List and I was thrilled when she got canned and I moved up . The Union didnt even take this to panel: they advised her to resign as if she resisted and was terminated she would face charges of theft for thousands and thousands of Dollars

Brownwind

Ok when I’m cleaning out trailers I always see those discount wine cards all the time. Think it’s a plant by loss preventions?
So funny. Those cards are scattered all over the pups. Unfortunately loss prevention is a thing of the past. It was replaced by a poster outside the restroom.