Ever get on here and wonder?

Notretiredyet

While I do agree I think language for split drivers should be stronger. Split drivers are the main guys getting killed and with work they have no clue where it's located. All split drivers should be able to file 9.5 grievances no if ands or buts about it. I know there are ways for them to do it now but they need to jump through hoops to do so.
There is language in the new contract that addresses this issue, if we ever start working under it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We now have this saying---"There is more to life than money".
funny-quotes-42-1.jpg

JL 0513

Not true----some of the happiest people I have ever met didn't have a pot to piss in.

Although that can be true, there's only so many free activities you can find to do. Are we talking family life equaling happiness? How do you support them? Popping out kids while making minimum wage and then taking money from those who do earn (through government)?

I'm 35 and have "just gotten by" all my life. Now that I'm a driver, things are starting to look better, even though I'm only half way to top rate. My life is still "on hold" for the next 2 years because there's still only enough money to barely pay bills. No extras. Can't go on vacation. Can't replace transmission in wife's Jeep (so we make do with one car). Wife is stuck home all day, every day with baby. Can't afford to go out. If something needs fixing in home, can't afford it. Can't save. Can't get life insurance (with a family I worry about that now).

Am I happy? Yes. But having only the bare minimum to live off provides a lot of stress. I'd be a lot happier if instead of having a 2nd job on the weekends, I could spend the time with my family and go do something recreational.

I ask anyone here: Could you trade you're $80K or so a year for $40K and everything would be just peachy?

Although that can be true, there's only so many free activities you can find to do. Are we talking family life equaling happiness? How do you support them? Popping out kids while making minimum wage and then taking money from those who do earn (through government)?

I'm 35 and have "just gotten by" all my life. Now that I'm a driver, things are starting to look better, even though I'm only half way to top rate. My life is still "on hold" for the next 2 years because there's still only enough money to barely pay bills. No extras. Can't go on vacation. Can't replace transmission in wife's Jeep (so we make do with one car). Wife is stuck home all day, every day with baby. Can't afford to go out. If something needs fixing in home, can't afford it. Can't save. Can't get life insurance (with a family I worry about that now).

Am I happy? Yes. But having only the bare minimum to live off provides a lot of stress. I'd be a lot happier if instead of having a 2nd job on the weekends, I could spend the time with my family and go do something recreational.

I ask anyone here: Could you trade you're $80K or so a year for $40K and everything would be just peachy?
You should get some life insurance. A young man like you, could get a term policy for a couple of dollars per week. You do have some life insurance throuh UPS. i believe its 2080 X your hourly rate. you may also want to consider but some additional coverage through Ups, during the annual enrollment. Its very cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I work two jobs 6 days a week to barely break 40k a year...I know being a driver is rough. But I'm still waiting for the oppotunity to make some decent money....and be able to save and buy a house.

JL 0513

You should get some life insurance. A young man like you, could get a term policy for a couple of dollars per week. You do have some life insurance throuh UPS. i believe its 2080 X your hourly rate. you may also want to consider but some additional coverage through Ups, durring the anual enrollment. Its very cheap.

I keep thinking I should. It's one of those things that gets pushed aside when you live paycheck to paycheck with 2 figures in the bank. Yeah, I said 2 figures.

I'll look into it though.

I keep thinking I should. It's one of those things that gets pushed aside when you live paycheck to paycheck with 2 figures in the bank. Yeah, I said 2 figures.

I'll look into it though.
I got a few years on you I added 100k on myself and 45k on my wife. Its about 5 bucks a week. probably 3 or 4 bucks a week for somebody your age.