Excessive absences

Dr.Brownz

How many call ins are we talking about?
And also, are you seasonal or seniority?

UPS has a 4% attendance policy. And two consecutive days will count as one occurrence.
I believe three will count as one with a Drs. note.

Should be enough there that they can't fire you for getting the flu.

It's on the 4th day you need a note

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
step 1) stop smoking
step 2) get off mac and cheese and get a decent diet
step 3) dont be a bitch that gets those weaklin infections all the time

Havnt had one in 5-6 years and thats with 2 kids in school. No excuse. Those are entirely dependent on your immune system.

I would think that someone with with a medical degree would not be working at ups. Seriously,None of us are qualified to judge other people's medical history.

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
You give the same alleged illness to someone self-employed and that person doesn't miss a day of work.

Your not kidding. My mother was self employed. She passed from breast cancer that metastasized in her bones, brain and lungs. She knew she had something going on but worked until her "arthritis" got so bad her clavicle broke. The arthritis was cancer in her bones. I was in my 20s when this happened and I asked her why she did not go to the doctor and she told me she hid it from us because she did not have the time or money to deal with it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would think that someone with with a medical degree would not be working at ups. None of us are qualified to judge other people's medical history.

You’ve never met my old center manager
He could diagnose most any illness right over the phone

His standard form of treatment was “we’ll lighten you up”

ouanling

I would think that someone with with a medical degree would not be working at ups. Seriously,None of us are qualified to judge other people's medical history.
you're clearly not able to judge much if you dont know the basics of a standard cold.

Some of us have an advanced education and a passion for other things than looking straight ahead and reading PAL's,.

It’s very hard to fire someone who is sick. No matter how many days it happens. It’s difficult to prove someone isn’t sick. If they get doctor notes, it’s virtually impossible to fire them. Or the company can lose in court. If you call, you’re safe.It’s very much like going to the bathroom. Very difficult to prove someone using the bathroom to waste time or empty themselves. Many times a day.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It’s very hard to fire someone who is sick. No matter how many days it happens. It’s difficult to prove someone isn’t sick. If they get doctor notes, it’s virtually impossible to fire them. Or the company can lose in court. If you call, you’re safe.It’s very much like going to the bathroom. Very difficult to prove someone using the bathroom to waste time or empty themselves. Many times a day.
BS.

Pretty easy to fire someone who is an attendance problem. We have an attendance policy, but I guess they left that out in PT supervisor flight school.

BS.

Pretty easy to fire someone who is an attendance problem. We have an attendance policy, but I guess they left that out in PT supervisor flight school.
No actually it’s not easy to fire someone who has an attendance problem. But I don’t expect uneducated package car drivers to know that. Union thugs

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
What do they do when pilots get sick and can't fly?