Excessive favoritism of one employee is destroying morale.

• Thread starter Deleted member 77202
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 77202

The male, full-time Supervisor in charge of the Preload area (not some bulls**t part-timer supervisor, but a 25-years-of-service-at-one-building-supervisor) at my location has, unfortunately, taken a liking to a fairly new, female, just-out-of-high-school Preload union employee.

The favoritism of this one (practically a high-school kid) employee is so extreme and ridiculous that it has virtually destroyed all of the other employees' morale.

Of course, rules do not apply to this girl: She openly texts & talks on her cell phone while working, and the Supervisor turns his head to it! She constantly insults others (I don't mean joking around sarcasm) and makes rude, condescending comments to her co-workers --- some who have many years of seniority over her! She comes in at least 10 minutes late EVERYDAY. She tells him what job she feels like doing that day, and he goes along with whatever she says.

The Supervisor fired two, yes two, seasonal hires because they didn't put up with her smart-ass mouth and handed her insults right back to her. All she had to do was tell Supervisor, and he invented some fake reason to get rid of them.

It's to the point now that the majority of the employees in the Preload can't stand working anywhere near her, but are afraid to say something because she is (unofficially) running the show.

Just a little background info -- it's a rural area warehouse, and nearly every employee knows every other employee (and all supervisors) pretty well, including the building's union steward, which makes things even more difficult to resolve.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The male, full-time Supervisor in charge of the Preload area (not some bulls**t part-timer supervisor, but a 25-years-of-service-at-one-building-supervisor) at my location has, unfortunately, taken a liking to a fairly new, female, just-out-of-high-school Preload union employee.

The favoritism of this one (practically a high-school kid) employee is so extreme and ridiculous that it has virtually destroyed all of the other employees' morale.

Of course, rules do not apply to this girl: She openly texts & talks on her cell phone while working, and the Supervisor turns his head to it! She constantly insults others (I don't mean joking around sarcasm) and makes rude, condescending comments to her co-workers --- some who have many years of seniority over her! She comes in at least 10 minutes late EVERYDAY. She tells him what job she feels like doing that day, and he goes along with whatever she says.

The Supervisor fired two, yes two, seasonal hires because they didn't put up with her smart-ass mouth and handed her insults right back to her. All she had to do was tell Supervisor, and he invented some fake reason to get rid of them.

It's to the point now that the majority of the employees in the Preload can't stand working anywhere near her, but are afraid to say something because she is (unofficially) running the show.

Just a little background info -- it's a rural area warehouse, and nearly every employee knows every other employee (and all supervisors) pretty well, including the building's union steward, which makes things even more difficult to resolve.

For hopefully the last time anyone needs to say this:
UPS is NOT high school.

It doesn't matter what special treatment you think someone else is getting.
Show up. Punch in. Work. Punch out. Go home.

If she is a terrible person to talk to, then don't. Really that simple.
We work here to walk away with a paycheck. Not to socialize.

D

Deleted member 77202

Everyone I work with is so negative and pissed off about the favoritism that it makes for a miserable work day. Just venting I guess.

542thruNthru

Catch her outside off the clock and put the smack down. Street justice!

over9five

Staff member
Everyone I work with is so negative and pissed off about the favoritism that it makes for a miserable work day. Just venting I guess.
Laugh it off. It will almost UNDOUBTEDLY come back and bite him in the ass.
His wife will catch them together...
He'll knock her up..
She'll tell some higher up that he's asking for sexual favors from her..

D

Deleted member 77202

Laugh it off. It will almost UNDOUBTEDLY come back and bite him in the ass.
His wife will catch them together...
He'll knock her up..
She'll tell some higher up that he's asking for sexual favors from her..
So true. Those types of people usually dig their own graves.

542thruNthru

7a0.gif

542thruNthru

Seems to me the sup is ruining his own marriage. The worst thing the wife could do is keep him.

By showing favoritism to a pretty girl? I didn't hear anything about him bending her over a load stand or anything.

If showing favoritism to a pretty girl is ruining a marriage then every man has ruined his marriage at some point.

Last edited:
By showing favoritism to a pretty girl? I didn't hear anything about him bending her over a load stand of anything.

If showing favoritism to a pretty girl is ruining a marriage then every man has ruined his marriage at some point.
I may wash a pretty girls package car or fuel it once in a while just for the attention, but this sounds like more over the top stuff. The only attention I get is a nice smile.