Excessive overtime and JR drivers off before me.

Yep.

I understand the OP's concern.

Seeing junior drivers, working lesser hours, is frustrating.

The route he is running probably has a jacked up time study, and the dispatch person is relying on a "computer" plan.

(not that IE will ever do a physical time study.... or they even know how)

Trying to throw other drivers under the bus, is not how you effectuate change.

-Bug-
22.4 drivers will save us all 😀

Overpaid Union Thug

What exactly are the rules in regards to if I want to get off the clock before people with lower seniority? I’m not talking 9.5, I’m talking something completely different. I’m talking about passing the work along. Every day I tell them I don’t want to work all these hours yet I consistently go over 9.5 and then some. Even on days when most people are going over 9.5 I’m working 11 1/2 hours when almost everyone else below me is working about 10. And most days half of them are not even working 9.5. But there’s a good 50 people with lower seniority clocking off before me day after day and I’m told is that I’m working longer than a planned day so there’s nothing they can do for me. They say it would be favoritism if they put me out with a lesser planned day then other people. Which is complete BS because they know that the planned day doesn’t line up with what I get done. Union rep is worthless for help. I’ve got my grievance form right here I’m just not sure what to put on it. Yes I’m on the 9.5 list, yes I page everyday, yet I grieve it, and yes I get paid out. I just want my time back.
Follow some of the advice so far about getting on the 9.5 list and following Orion 100%. Find a copy of the methods and try to follow as many of them as you can throughout the day. You will probably notice many contradictions with the methods and Orion but just do what you can. Don’t ride with packages in the cab. Walk at a brisk pace. Never jog or run. Take every minute of your required lunch/breaks.

I don’t know what supplement you are in but in mind, the southern, we can file for going over 9.5 just one day. There is no penalty but if you do that enough times it will trigger a response from someone above your center level management team and they don’t like that.

542thruNthru

Yep.

I understand the OP's concern.

Seeing junior drivers, working lesser hours, is frustrating.

The route he is running probably has a jacked up time study, and the dispatch person is relying on a "computer" plan.

(not that IE will ever do a physical time study.... or they even know how)

Trying to throw other drivers under the bus, is not how you effectuate change.

-Bug-
Yep, that's the issue I'm dealing with right now.

Normal times the company would stress over making sure I don't go over 9.5 because they know my time study is a absolute disaster.

Right now though they don't care because no one above them cares.

You win some you lose some.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Correct. And this just goes to show how scummy they are. When they pull routes out and pay 9.5's, they're still making money hand over fist.

I've been saying this for a while: every driver at this company should be filing 9.5 whenever eligible. It's no longer looked upon as an inconvenience by IE, rather its just the cost of doing business.

Yep if anyone ever thinks this company can’t afford us or can’t afford to hire more drivers and give us decent days just look at the last couple quarters.

They are paying out an insane amount of 9.5 grievances. Paying crazy OT.

Next contract when the company and the union cries poor. Don’t fall for it. We deserve at least inflation raises. We deserve to keep our healthcare. We deserve to keep our pensions. There’s no need to stretch progression out further. There’s no need for a second tier of driver sure as hell no need for a larger percentage of them. This company is rolling in the cash this year.

Yes even with such a large percentage of residential deliveries that we were told they lose money on.