Expecting an Olcc or letter this week

Guapo

Manager told me awhile back It's an automatic warning letter for taking keys home which I had done. She let me slide though that time.

Guapo

He submitted a falsified VIR, which is grounds for immediate termination. His manager should remind him of that and ask him how hard he wants to fight that OLCC.

Half the drivers at this co. could be fired for falsification on any given day-pre tripping before clocking in, driving on break, releasing pkgs on break, incorrect numbers on 195 and or ppad, blah blah blah the list never ends.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You know, maybe you're right. His manager shouldn't ask him that. Maybe he should just fire him for falsification of company documents and be done with it.

You guys are something else. It's like a cop giving a driver a warning for speeding and the driver arguing about it and ending up with a ticket after all is said and done.

Your lackey papers, please? OLCCs don't mean anything, right? You basically said we are all over-reacting to getting them, even though they're falling like December snowflakes in Buffalo. Why the big push for discipline? Maybe you can ask Matt when you're pushing in his stool...err.. chair.

Your lackey papers, please? OLCCs don't mean anything, right? You basically said we are all over-reacting to getting them, even though they're falling like December snowflakes in Buffalo. Why the big push for discipline? Maybe you can ask Matt when you're pushing in his stool...err.. chair.
I know tell me about it. Eventhough both drivers are partly to blame, others on here like dano remind me of sam jackson from django. I work with a couple of folks like that. We need to stop attacking our brothers and sisters because we are all human. Us little guys are getting a serious reaming by the people we made thilthy rich.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know tell me about it. Eventhough both drivers are partly to blame, others on here like dano remind me of sam jackson from django. I work with a couple of folks like that. We need to stop attacking our brothers and sisters because we are all human. Us little guys are getting a serious reaming by the people we made thilthy rich.

Dano is straight from FedEx corporate PR. He's a plant, or a shill if you prefer. Not sure if you've been on here that long, but Dano magically appears whenever the natives get restless. Usually, he's busy making coffee for MT3 or doing lap dances in the Memphis boardroom, but whenever we are a "problem", he's ready, willing, and able to provide dis-information at a moment's notice, the true mark of an excellent lackey.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Manager told me awhile back It's an automatic warning letter for taking keys home which I had done. She let me slide though that time.

She needs a letter for failing to give you a letter, and you get a letter for not informing the senior. And then they get a letter for not knowing that the manager failed to give you one. "In an insane world, the sane man must surely be insane" (Mr.Spock).

El Morado Diablo

You know, maybe you're right. His manager shouldn't ask him that. Maybe he should just fire him for falsification of company documents and be done with it.

You guys are something else. It's like a cop giving a driver a warning for speeding and the driver arguing about it and ending up with a ticket after all is said and done.

If OLCC's are so unimportant why does FedEx keep them in your permanent file?

How ironic is it that one of FedEx's own lawyers admitted the real reason for ending the employee reviews was that terminated employees were using them against FedEx in court. Now employees don't have a paper trail that shows whether or not they are doing a good job. This is not a coincidence.

bbsam

Staff member
OLCCs are unimportant because after a period of time they are simply for fighting unemployment claims. All the WAD in the world doesn't erase that paper trail and when they decide to get rid of you (and they will) they have everything they need. I think their success rate in filing claims is about 50/50 (at least at Ground).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OLCCs are unimportant because after a period of time they are simply for fighting unemployment claims. All the WAD in the world doesn't erase that paper trail and when they decide to get rid of you (and they will) they have everything they need. I think their success rate in filing claims is about 50/50 (at least at Ground).

OLCCs are very important. That's why you don't want one, unless it's the incredibly rare variant known as a positive OLCC. You amaze me at your lack of understanding about how the Express progressive discipline system works.

bbsam

Staff member
OLCCs are very important. That's why you don't want one, unless it's the incredibly rare variant known as a positive OLCC. You amaze me at your lack of understanding about how the Express progressive discipline system works.

Hmmmm. Put two and two together. FedEx is looking to downsize Express. OLCCs document discipline. It doesn't matter whether you want them or not, you will get them. And when they determine that they have enough documentation to fight an unemployment claim and/or get tired of dealing with you, they will fire you and roll the dice on the unemployment claim.

Sometimes I think you get too close to see the big picture.

El Morado Diablo

Hmmmm. Put two and two together. FedEx is looking to downsize Express. OLCCs document discipline. It doesn't matter whether you want them or not, you will get them. And when they determine that they have enough documentation to fight an unemployment claim and/or get tired of dealing with you, they will fire you and roll the dice on the unemployment claim.

This is exactly the point I was making when I asked Dano why they are permanently kept on file instead of discarded after a given length of time. Employees can sign in and view all of their OLCC's (good and bad) on file. It wouldn't surprise me if most people had more bad ones than good ones. Writing good OLCC's takes additional time and effort. That usually puts them at the bottom of any managers to-do list these days.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And have the "bad" OLCCs become even more prevalent as of late?
Yes, yes, and hell yes. I received more OLCC's in my 21-23 years at FedEx than I did in the first 20 years combined. What does that tell you? Maybe 3, the first 23 years. TWENTY-THREE total, the next three years.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, yes, and hell yes. I received more OLCC's in my 21-23 years at FedEx than I did in the first 20 years combined. What does that tell you?
it tells me that I really do know what I am talking about (much to MFEs dismay) and you can WAD all you want because at the end of the day, OLCCs may be 90% fiction but they are the documentation that will stick. Why? What does it tell you?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
it tells me that I really do know what I am talking about (much to MFEs dismay) and you can WAD all you want because at the end of the day, OLCCs may be 90% fiction but they are the documentation that will stick. Why? What does it tell you?

It tells me what I've known for years, that one OLCC is meaningless, but cumulative, they are ammunition and a paper trail for FedEx to use if they so choose, no matter how good or how conscientious of a courier I may be. When I brought this up to a Sr. Mgr before, he said, "But you're a great courier." I told him that I knew that, but when he is gone, the next Sr would see my file and think I'm a horrible courier. As someone said before, they stay in our files FOREVER.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. And a 20+ career courier suddenly amassing disciplinary actions in a time of cost cutting? And the knowledge that it's not just you? Others are experiencing the same. Where does this all lead?

bbsam

Staff member
And the company working feverishly to bring newbies up to speed with DRA. It all starts so quietly and then it all makes an ominous, cold-hearted sense.