Expecting an Olcc or letter this week

bbsam

Staff member
I never said the manager was successful adding paper to the drivers file, I said that's normally the point where they try. It's about deflecting blame. Remember at express, the operations manager is also under extreme pressure for unattainable results. He tries some desperate measure to hit the goals, the drivers work as directed. The plan fails and someone needs to be blamed.
That is exactly what I am saying. WAD, but if something goes wrong it's still your fault.

MAKAVELI

Since you seem to know everything, why don't you tell us how they can discipline us for working as directed? Are we to disregard rules, policies, and safety regulations to increase productivity? Maybe that's how you do it at ground but that shi t won't fly for a lot of us at Express.
You're batting a big fat "0" with me lately. Answer me this. Fedex management wouldn't lie in an OLCC would they? They wouldn't leave out details that would exonerate the courier would they? Of course not. Fred is your friend and wants you to be happily part of the Fedex family for the next 30 years. Oh, and you will be getting your pension back next quarter.
What makes you think that I or anyone else would sign off on a olcc that was false and drawn up as retaliation for following policy? They can " try to build a paper trail" all they want but when those fraudulent olcc have not been acknowledged and we have our own evidence of following policies and safety regulations it becomes a much more even playing field. Do you really think I give a friend uck how I'm " batting with you" ? Now go run along, act like your a big shot and go intimidate your drivers into falsifying, disregarding safety to make " you " more money. Cause homey don't play that!

bbsam

Staff member
What makes you think that I or anyone else would sign off on a olcc that was false and drawn up as retaliation for following policy? They can " try to build a paper trail" all they want but when those fraudulent olcc have not been acknowledged and we have our own evidence of following policies and safety regulations it becomes a much more even playing field. Do you really think I give a friend uck how I'm " batting with you" ? Now go run along, act like your a big shot and go intimidate your drivers into falsifying, disregarding safety to make " you " more money. Cause homey don't play that!
I only think you care because you keep engaging me in these fruitless discussions. You'd be better off getting cards signed, but we know that won't happen.

CJinx

You sign off on all your OLCCs? How quaint. It's really not even required.
I don't know about that. I've seen package handlers get terminated on the spot for insubordination for refusing to sign disciplinary paperwork. I'd sign off and write "signed under protest" next to my name if I disagreed with the write-up.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know about that. I've seen package handlers get terminated on the spot for insubordination for refusing to sign disciplinary paperwork. I'd sign off and write "signed under protest" next to my name if I disagreed with the write-up.
That termination, I would surmise, was at the discretion of the terminal staff and not "mandatory". My guess is that the terminal was more than happy to be rid of the package handler and they were happy to have the opportunity to show him the door. In that respect, as far as the company is concerned, the signature is not required.

MAKAVELI

You sign off on all your OLCCs? How quaint. It's really not even required.
I have known a few couriers to not sign off on olcc and they are still working today. If the discipline is for following policy I personally wouldn't sign off on anything and let the chips fall where they may.

bbsam

Staff member
Just because they didn't sign off on them didn't mean they didn't hit the permanant file. Probably a notation "refused to sign".

bbsam

Staff member
Actually I have been involved in alot of therapy. Most of it ended up suggesting that I should stop feeling so damn sorry for myself and show a little gratitude for the life I have. You might think about trying it some time.

MAKAVELI

Actually I have been involved in alot of therapy. Most of it ended up suggesting that I should stop feeling so damn sorry for myself and show a little gratitude for the life I have. You might think about trying it some time.
Standing up for yourself and feeling sorry for yourself are two completely different things I don't feel sorry for myself one bit. I think you are confused about the meaning of both.