Extra jobs

wilberforce15

You'll typically get much higher wages for independent contractor work, because those pay rates are calculated assuming you have to pay for your own benefits.

That's how to leverage the UPS benefits to the max. Your second job should ideally be something that has few, if any, benefits or non-cash compensation. That means they'll pay a much higher hourly rate than you'd get as an employee.

Jackofnotrades

I know this has been asked before, I even asked it myself last year. Looking for some more ideas. I want to stay on with ups but I can’t afford these lean months without a second or third job.

What do people do? The job I took last year isn’t available this time and most things have hours that conflict with preload. Can’t uber bc my car is too old.
Call centers usually have flex schedules. When I first started UPS I got my real estate license and worked at a factory that had 2nd and 3rd shifts. You have to hang in there first and second year are a bitch but once you get a little seniority you will find it easier to get your spot in the company, and remember to sign every bid sheet.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
for a few years I worked preload, attended college courses, played in two bands -rehearsed three times/ worked in the city three nights a week, and also landscaped seasonally April to October.