Extra work on Saturday

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Art 40 says the company can force all PT air drivers to work Saturdays. I agree he should fight it as it sounds like there are a few other things going on here. Loved working preload and getting off about 8:00 Friday morning.

I'm just saying just because he doesn't want to work Saturday. Doesn't mean he's *** and he should thank the company for all work they give him. Like browniehound is saying.

iruhnman630

If the position was bid as a M-friend schedule then Sat should be considered 6th punch, extra work, seniority by choice then force from bottom if necessary.

I have worked 3 Saturdays (2 mothers day and 1 valentines day) since going full time in 2005. The sparks flew when they first warned us low seniority drivers several weeks out that we would be working a Tues-Sat schedule the week of Mothers Day for flower deliveries. It was made clear to us that we are only guaranteed 5 days work, not M-friend.

UPSGUY72

I am a part time air driver in the southern region. My center is forcing me on Saturdays and not going by seniority. Can they do this? If not what do I do? I won the bid for the air shuttle and drive it Mon thru Friday. Is this considered a sixth punch? I called my union rep and he said they had to go by seniority and to tell them I an not going to show up. Can they fire me for not showing up? I would like to have some type of written proof from the contract to back this up before standing my ground and not knowing for sure. I have tried to deal with this before and only got threats about changing my schedule to a Tues - sat and Mon will be the extra work. If that is the case should the seniority rule still apply. If they put my name on the list and force me every time does that deny the senior labor the chance to do the extra work? Could they grieve that. I need some help figuring this out.

Your an Air Drive be it PT you work on Sat if they need you Sat is Air work only for most of the year except during peak when volume or weather dictates. You bid the PT Air driver shuttle gig you knew what your where getting into and the possibilities of working Saturdays. Working Sat is Part of being an Air driver be FT or PT. Your other problem you have as you said your the only PT Air driver with a airport security clearance badge. They can't send just anyone to the airport you have to have a security clearance.

Since it a PT bid and your a Ptimer and most pt jobs aren't bid you have two options do the job untill you can bid a FT job or PT cover if they have them in your area or tell you SUP and HR person that you not able to do that job anymore and want to move back to working PT on the inside. I would suck it up and do the job the other options is just putting a bulls eye on you for the foreseeable future...

Also you are a PT air driver not a cover driver you only have seniority over other PT Air driver with less seniority than you.

Your and Air driver you are cover under Article 40 and any Article in your rider / supplement that deals with Air and PT air drivers. Read those articles.

UPSGUY72

If the position was bid as a M-friend schedule then Sat should be considered 6th punch, extra work, seniority by choice then force from bottom if necessary.

I have worked 3 Saturdays (2 mothers day and 1 valentines day) since going full time in 2005. The sparks flew when they first warned us low seniority drivers several weeks out that we would be working a Tues-Sat schedule the week of Mothers Day for flower deliveries. It was made clear to us that we are only guaranteed 5 days work, not M-friend.

The OP is not a FT driver he is a PT Air driver they fall under different rules than a FT driver.

UPSGUY72

We will be retroactively paid 70 cents an hour for all time worked from August 1st, 2013. So technically we already have the raise, we just won't see a dime until everything is ratified.

If your not getting yet then it not a raise...