Extras

The policy at our building has always been when we have extra drivers you had to sign a list to go home at least 15 minutes before start time. Management wanted to change it to 30 minutes. Our most senior steward didn’t think he should have to be there 30 minutes early to use his seniority to go home. So he negotiated a deal where the top 15 drivers could call to put their name on the list but the other 70 drivers had to be there in person 30 minutes before start time to use seniority to go home. Does anyone else see something wrong with this. The steward who negotiated this is of course in the top 15.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The policy at our building has always been when we have extra drivers you had to sign a list to go home at least 15 minutes before start time. Management wanted to change it to 30 minutes. Our most senior steward didn’t think he should have to be there 30 minutes early to use his seniority to go home. So he negotiated a deal where the top 15 drivers could call to put their name on the list but the other 70 drivers had to be there in person 30 minutes before start time to use seniority to go home. Does anyone else see something wrong with this. The steward who negotiated this is of course in the top 15.

Nope won’t work
Extra contract agreement

quad decade guy

Nope won’t work
Extra contract agreement
We have something called "by local agreement". This little gem can nullify just about anything in writing and does. That's why(around here) it can be in black and white in a contract book and something else is "negotiated". Different centers, hubs and departments can do their own thing.....ie "that's how we do it in feeders" can be heard when first going there. This happens ALL THE TIME. Around here.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have something called "by local agreement". This little gem can nullify just about anything in writing and does. That's why(around here) it can be in black and white in a contract book and something else is "negotiated". Different centers, hubs and departments can do their own thing.....ie "that's how we do it in feeders" can be heard when first going there. This happens ALL THE TIME. Around here.
Better hope Carol don't hear about your little sweetheart deals.

542thruNthru

Do you have a supplemental rider that talks about this "sign up list".

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
So let me get this straight. People get up 30 minutes earlier, leave for work 30 minutes earlier, show up for work 30 minutes earlier in order to go home?.........smh

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I lived about 30 minutes from work if traffic didn't suck. If I took the time to get dressed, shave, (old days) get something for breakfast and drive in, I was going to work that day. I was number 2 in my center, so I passed on many days off that were offered. Now, if they called me at home before I left, that could be a different story.

UPSER1987

In my experience most stewards aren’t there for the members benefit. It is a very self serving position for most. Sounds like you got a turd for a steward.

Roller252

The cutoff at our center is an hour before start time for a request off and the bottom two have to stay till all routes leave the bldg.

vvv

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've heard on here. And there's been a healthy share of stupid on display over time.