question about pension contribution

born2Bwild

so if you start on june 1 and after probation period you become permanent. On the drivers seniority list you are listed as june 1 seniority date. does your pension contribution goes back to seniority date or starts with the date you become permanent. I have asked the union steward and he said it goes back but when i called the hall pension department they were not aware of this. if it go back to your seniority date could you please refrence it from the contract im in local 705
thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:

born2Bwild

Oops sorry I should’ve been more clear. this is a transition hire from pt to full time I didn’t get credit for probation time and hiring date is different. I just used it for example

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
so if you start on june 1 and after probation period you become permanent. On the drivers seniority list you are listed as june 1 seniority date. does your pension contribution goes back to seniority date or starts with the date you become permanent. I have asked the union stuart and he said it goes back but when i called the hall pension department they were not aware of this. if it go back to your seniority date could you please refrence it from the contract im in local 705
thank you very much
Yo homey it’s steward not stuart

johnnybgood

The way it works in the West is you get $17 per hour worked but it gets capped at at a certain amount each month put into your pension.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
so if you start on june 1 and after probation period you become permanent. On the drivers seniority list you are listed as june 1 seniority date. does your pension contribution goes back to seniority date or starts with the date you become permanent. I have asked the union steward and he said it goes back but when i called the hall pension department they were not aware of this. if it go back to your seniority date could you please refrence it from the contract im in local 705
thank you very much
@born2Bwild :
In L705, your Full Time pension contributions start after your 40 days. There are not retroactive pension contributions back to your 'seniority date'. So if you started on June 01, 2023 and worked 5 days every week (I'm assuming Tues-Sat), the 40th day would be Thurs July 27. If you then worked Fri 7-28 or Sat 7-29, that would be your first weekly pension contribution. If you then worked at least 1 day per week (or got paid an Option or Teamster day) for the rest of 2023, by my count you would have 23 weeks of pension payments (or 46% of a year, since 50 weeks is considered a full year as far as the L705 pension fund is concerned).

Source: I am in L705 and verified this with a business agent and that is what my pension statement showed for the year I attained FT seniority.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
thank you very much
Should be FT date, and you get 7 pt pension

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@born2Bwild : I would refer you to the L705 contract Article 34, Section 3, (a):

The Employer payments to the Fund shall be as follows:
a) The amount per employee per week shall be paid for each regular employee covered by this Agreement for any week in which such employee performs any services for the Employer even when such services are not performed under the terms of this Agreement.
I emphasized the word regular, as I believe that would be different than a probationary employee. Please re-check with your Union Steward, and Business Agent.

Also check to make sure you're enrolled in the Full-Time Long-Term Disability insurance through the company. IIRC it will cost you $1.96/week ($100/yr) through automatic payroll deductions. I believe enrollment is not automatic, once you become eligible. Refer to Art. 34, Section 6

Coldworld

60 months and counting
1712598483920.jpeg
1712598483920.jpeg