question about pension contribution

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The question is are you better buying life insurance while you're younger or putting more money into a Roth IRA?
Unfortunately when you're younger you don't have the extra cash especially with having kids, college maybe a mortgage and some other bills
Just buy 30 year old beanie babies and cabbage patch kid dolls...they will double in price in 200 years.

Over70irregs

The question is are you better buying life insurance while you're younger or putting more money into a Roth IRA?
Unfortunately when you're younger you don't have the extra cash especially with having kids, college maybe a mortgage and some other bills
Depends on needs. Possibly a combo. With this inflation 1T /100 days the numbers are just feel good tidings. Most regular people are done… I hate saying that. Without controlling overhead its a grind down.

When men become complacent that is worry time. Delivered to beauty shop today and talked to autoshop next door. I believe we are seeing a shift towards “give up” mentality.
Screenshot_20240418-231023.png

Over70irregs

That is the way I have lived my life. Problem is now I still don't want to spend it. Guess the children and grandchildren will enjoy it.
I sent this message to kids this morning….
Tip for everyone in their 20's:

▶️A 25 year old only needs to invest ~$320/mo to have a ~$1.3 million portfolio by age 65.

Wait til age 35 and this goes up to $780/mo & if you wait until age 45 to start? You need $2,100/mo.

Time is your biggest asset. Don't waste it.

Usually term insurance is strictly income replacement. You would try to have the term last long enough to cover your family when they’re younger if something were to happen to you. it’s usually pretty cheap.
Whole Life insurance is a little bit more of an investment. It’s usually more expensive.
If by "investment" you mean "scam" you'd be correct.