Extras

evilleace

It's not right that he did that,but why not just work and not worry about it. I haven't taken a dead day in 3 years. Once you get in the habit if just working it's easy. Plus I like money.

It's not right that he did that,but why not just work and not worry about it. I haven't taken a dead day in 3 years. Once you get in the habit if just working it's easy. Plus I like money.
I took one the day last year because I want to save my three personal days to take the week off between Christmas and New year's

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I lived about 30 minutes from work if traffic didn't suck. If I took the time to get dressed, shave, (old days) get something for breakfast and drive in, I was going to work that day. I was number 2 in my center, so I passed on many days off that were offered. Now, if they called me at home before I left, that could be a different story.
And that's only if it was a good day for fishing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You very seldom get offered days off in feeders, at least it was that way in my department.
Management never came around asking if you wanted the day off, but when it was slack and vacations were light the cover drivers and q listers would call around looking for work.