Failed initial driving test-need advice

Be_sweet10

I failed my initial road test. I thought I did really well, I was much more comfortable in the truck than I thought I would be and made no major mistakes. I look like a girly girl but I’m tough and in shape. I’ve never received a ticket of any kind for driving infractions. Never had an accident and I turn 40 next month. I did everything I was told and was excited because I thought I did so well. The ups tester said I didn’t accelerate fast enough between traffic lights. We were in the middle of the city and moving in between lights with heavy traffic. I hit the speed limit inbetween so I was shocked at the end when he said he failed me. He said to practice and reschedule the test . I was then told by someone else I have to wait a year to take it again. I wasn’t trained before this driving test at all and made no Driving infractions/mistakes that would give the possibility for a ticket from law enforcement. Do you think I was failed because I’m a woman and they don’t think I can handle the job? Do I really have to wait a year to retake the test? Why do they fail for something so insignificant before I even attended training . I would think the initial test would be to see if you could drive and follow direction. I can understand if I went through training and was taught to accelerate quickly and didn’t , why I would fail but this seems ridiculous and unfair . Does anyone know how long I have to wait based on UPS rules? Am I able to take the test with someone else ? Any advice for me ? I really wanted the job and the test seemingly went well.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Every driver I know uses the gas pedal like an on/off switch.
Not for a road test, my guy. It’s “driving Miss Daisy” when you have someone in the jump seat. They probably failed her because they thought she would wash out anyway and didn’t want to waste their time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I failed my initial road test. I thought I did really well, I was much more comfortable in the truck than I thought I would be and made no major mistakes. I look like a girly girl but I’m tough and in shape. I’ve never received a ticket of any kind for driving infractions. Never had an accident and I turn 40 next month. I did everything I was told and was excited because I thought I did so well. The ups tester said I didn’t accelerate fast enough between traffic lights. We were in the middle of the city and moving in between lights with heavy traffic. I hit the speed limit inbetween so I was shocked at the end when he said he failed me. He said to practice and reschedule the test . I was then told by someone else I have to wait a year to take it again. I wasn’t trained before this driving test at all and made no Driving infractions/mistakes that would give the possibility for a ticket from law enforcement. Do you think I was failed because I’m a woman and they don’t think I can handle the job? Do I really have to wait a year to retake the test? Why do they fail for something so insignificant before I even attended training . I would think the initial test would be to see if you could drive and follow direction. I can understand if I went through training and was taught to accelerate quickly and didn’t , why I would fail but this seems ridiculous and unfair . Does anyone know how long I have to wait based on UPS rules? Am I able to take the test with someone else ? Any advice for me ? I really wanted the job and the test seemingly went well.

the tester saw you were weak and not gonna make it
So he decided to cut his losses and move on

not that difficult to see
Next time wear your butchest clothes and don’t shave your pits or wear deodorant for awhile

AnonPreLoader

Not for a road test, my guy. It’s “driving Miss Daisy” when you have someone in the jump seat. They probably failed her because they thought she would wash out anyway and didn’t want to waste their time.

Thats probably very true.
I dont know with certainty.

He probably saw something else more than he stated, that was just a reason that he gave you.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
He probably thought a 40 yr old female wouldn’t cut it, numbers wise.

JJinVA

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. The good news is since youre a girly girl you always have the back-up plan of marrying a driver so you can still get that driver income! The butch girls that make the cut better sling boxes with the best of them cause theyre SOL :P

Bt seriously. I know youre disappointed and even more bummed to hear its another year which doesnt really matter when we're 18-20, but in the 40's, alot can change in a year. Have alot more financial responsibilities. You may be able to try for an Air Driver position (fellas feel free to correct me if Im wrong on that)

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Girly girls cause problems

giphy.gif