Fair Days Work For Fair Days Pay payout?

22.34life

Why do we constantly tell members to come to the meeting when the ba is paid to do a job and that job includes walking the sorts and not just the package car operation.so if the ba does his job and is visible in the operation he should have an idea of what's going on.

22.34life

The stewards are supposed to communicate with their ba and tell them whats going on but the ba has to physically be their to really do anything about it.

dudebro

The OP is afforded the opportunity, to complete his work assignment.

Kicking him off the clock (at his guarantee) and then.... trying to say the "drivers"

will finish the the work.... is BS.

-Bug-

Fair enough, but how is it determined, whether the OP was or was not afforded the opportunity to complete his assignment?

If anyone thinks management "wins" by having a $13/hr preloader with four cars go home in place of four $50/hr (they're already going into OT) drivers each wrapping up their own cars, well, no. Mgmt knows this.

Also, the driver AM time is charged back to the preload, so it's not "numbers". Preload Mgmt gets hit twice for this decision. A preload manager who does this once, tends not to do it twice after the "meeting".

No one should ever work off the clock for any reason, period.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's quite simple. If it is driver start time and the preload is not wrapped we get on the belt and help them wrap.

The rest of your drivel clearly illustrates why unions have a bad name.

Dave,

It's readily apparent....

I have supported you, when you have made intelligent observations.

This isn't one of those times.

Being in a small center, in no way, equates to the real world of larger UPS facilities.

While I agree that the local must know something is going on in order to stop it but all this "go to the meeting" crap is not the answer to everything.in my experience the meetings are more about the numbers in the local and that means all the locals company's not just ups.

I'm not even sure what that rambling meant.

Why do we constantly tell members to come to the meeting when the ba is paid to do a job and that job includes walking the sorts and not just the package car operation.so if the ba does his job and is visible in the operation he should have an idea of what's going on.
The stewards are supposed to communicate with their ba and tell them whats going on but the ba has to physically be their to really do anything about it.

Sounds like a Local problem.

Fair enough, but how is it determined, whether the OP was or was not afforded the opportunity to complete his assignment?

It has to be a coordinated effort.

The BA, Stewards, and the members.

I probably was reading more into it than there was. Far better explanation.

You wouldn't happen to have that case number, would you?

I'd be interested in reading it.

In the Central Region (including State Panel and JAC decisions)

The "going rate" for a transcription.... is $500.00

-Bug-

dudebro

It has to be a coordinated effort.

The BA, Stewards, and the members.

-Bug-

Is there any group that's underrepresented in that list? We tried having that group (and only that group) run things in the mid 90s with the "win-win" stuff. It didn't go so well for profitability. The "jaws of life" (the gap between the revenue line and the expense line) were closing shut.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave,

It's readily apparent....

I have supported you, when you have made intelligent observations.

This isn't one of those times.

Being in a small center, in no way, equates to the real world of larger UPS facilities.

It is quite simple-----if we have our PCM and the preload is still not wrapped we are directed to go on the belt and help the preload wrap.

If you are suggesting that we are to stand there with our arms crossed and watch our loaders do their job you are sorely mistaken.

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS doesn't have to pay for 2 people to do the same job. If the drivers are on the clock they can send the preloaders home. It would probably be cheaper in the long run to keep the preloaders around for a few more minutes to get everything wrapped up but that would make the numbers look worse on a report. Looking good on a report is usually more important than cutting costs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS doesn't have to pay for 2 people to do the same job. If the drivers are on the clock they can send the preloaders home. It would probably be cheaper in the long run to keep the preloaders around for a few more minutes to get everything wrapped up but that would make the numbers look worse on a report. Looking good on a report is usually more important than cutting costs.

It would be really nice if you and the other retirees who for some reason insist on still talking shop would refrain from posting in the operations threads as things have changed since you retired.

542thruNthru

It would be really nice if you and the other retirees who for some reason insist on still talking shop would refrain from posting in the operations threads as things have changed since you retired.

Yet he said almost the exact same thing as other who are not retired.

Also follow your own rules. You've never loaded a truck or feeder. Please refrain from posting in those threads. Oh and while we are at it please refrain from posting on the FedEx threads.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

So you'll be leaving BC on 07/02/18????

Sure you will Mr narcissism....sure you will.

When you load off the clock for free every morning, do they send your preloader home?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
If I am a preloader and I file a fair days work for a fair days pay will there be any type of compensation? Already filed last week but filing again.
scientif_method_OK.png
....scientific management tactic .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Is there any group that's underrepresented in that list? We tried having that group (and only that group) run things in the mid 90s with the "win-win" stuff. It didn't go so well for profitability. The "jaws of life" (the gap between the revenue line and the expense line) were closing shut.

I have no understanding of your point.

Help me out ?

Let me guess. They pretty much shut the Ohio Conference down so you need to make extra money some other way?

That's a cheap shot, at the Ohio Conference.

Anyone (who is anyone) would know....

Getting a transcript is not free.

My Local would pay the same amount. So would any Local, or member.

It is quite simple-----if we have our PCM and the preload is still not wrapped we are directed to go on the belt and help the preload wrap.

If you are suggesting that we are to stand there with our arms crossed and watch our loaders do their job you are sorely mistaken.

Wow will you please just stfu!

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In the Central Region (including State Panel and JAC decisions) The "going rate" for a transcription.... is $500.00

What is the thought process in that price???
It can't cost that much to make a copy of an analog cassette tape?

Let me guess. They pretty much shut the Ohio Conference down so you need to make extra money some other way?
That's a cheap shot, at the Ohio Conference.

Could be worse, considering this week's announcement...don't ya think???

Anyone (who is anyone) would know....Getting a transcript is not free.
My Local would pay the same amount. So would any Local, or member.

In the electronic computer age of 2016, why aren't all dockets, decisions, and transcripts available to all members at no cost.
Seems as if the present leaders like to "guard" information from the membership, in an attempt to keep them disengaged.....

.....all the while, railing about low vote counts and poor attendance of union functions.

SMH

~Bbbl~