fair or not ?

Inthegame

Slightly off topic but a pet peeve of mine...

If you are calculating a monthly amount to see what it would be on a weekly paycheck, you would divide by 4.33....not just 4. Financial calculations are based off of a 52 week year, which is more than 4 weeks a month.

So at $17, you should only be paying around $9.82 per paycheck.
Not sure if this happens elsewhere but we deduct 4 times each month.

FAVREFAN

I can live with the 2.5 times rate but I work 45-50 hours. However for part timers, especially long time part timers with 30 years, they too are paying $80 or so a month BUT ONLY WORKING 20 HOURS A WEEK. That in my opinion is a bit unreasonable .
You freakin nailed it 804Brown! But I've been lambasted for saying such blasphemy in other threads regarding this. Thanks for the support.

FAVREFAN

Slightly off topic but a pet peeve of mine...

If you are calculating a monthly amount to see what it would be on a weekly paycheck, you would divide by 4.33....not just 4. Financial calculations are based off of a 52 week year, which is more than 4 weeks a month.

So at $17, you should only be paying around $9.82 per paycheck.
We pay 12 weeks in a row and get the 13th dues free.

804brown

I understand what you are saying. But, with one caveat.

Most of the long time part-timers are still part-time.... by choice. For whatever reason.

-Bug-

Next convention a new Blue Ribbon Commission should change it so it takes into account how many hours one works. Its bad enough they pay FULLTIME dues and work part time hours but they also dont get covered by the teamster/ups pension or the teamster/ups health plan as full timers are in local 804. They are in the company plan for both.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
We pay 12 weeks in a row and get the 13th dues free.
It's actually this VVVVV
Not sure if this happens elsewhere but we deduct 4 times each month.
Here, each month's dues, fees, assessments deducted from the first 4 paychecks; if there's a 5th paycheck, no deduction. "Catchup" variations due to no deductions from vacation checks, and the requirement to be paid in advance (used to be 3 months ahead) and the semi-annual raises.