Falsification of United Way contribution

Griff

I'd call the corporate HR number over something like this and the police shortly after. Whoever is doing this needs to be brought up on charges and then fired (aka transfered). Lets call a spade a spade, they're stealing from you, plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether it's $1.00 or 1 cent, it's theft and should be treated as such. I would throw this in their face and I would be irate over it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'd call the corporate HR number over something like this and the police shortly after. Whoever is doing this needs to be brought up on charges and then fired (aka transfered). Lets call a spade a spade, they're stealing from you, plain and simple. It doesn't matter whether it's $1.00 or 1 cent, it's theft and should be treated as such. I would throw this in their face and I would be irate over it.

I am in IS Management ... I have not contributed for at least the last 7 years ...

Ask your United Way coordinator or Representative what percentage of donations go to Illegal Aliens? It's bad enough they are living here tax free and taking advantage of government and church handouts ... but United Way donations too? Gotta stop ...

over9five

Staff member
"...it's theft and should be treated as such."

Damn straight! And I hope you guys that got stolen from will report back on what happens.

tieguy

Banned
I'm wondering if there are ANY management people NOT giving to the United Way??

I'm giving through the united way not too the united way. The united way is nothing but a vehicle. A convient means for me to give to my favorite charity. I don't have to remember to write a check each month, don't have to drive to the charity each month, the money is automatically deducted and sent to that charity. United way is nothing more then an organization that helps streamline the collection of funds for these various charities.

feederdude

Call the 800 number. If your not satisfied with he outcome, keep calling until it does.
They have discharged people for it in the past. As small an amount as it is, it is still theft.
Fdude

Ms.PacMan

UPS has this:

"The core of these values, which still inspires UPS employees today, is that UPS is a company of honesty, quality, and integrity."

" We expect - as we always have - that UPS employees, and the people acting on our behalf, will adhere to these principles."

"Any employee of UPS, regardless of his or her position within the company, who violates our legal or ethical responsibilities, will be subject to appropriate discipline, which may include dismissal."

The UPS Code of Business Conduct may be viewed by anyone at ups.com.

Because you won't see it at work.

paidslave

I went online to UPSers today, as I do every Thursday, to view my pay stub. But today wasn't like every other Thursday. I found a new deduction listed. UNITED WAY... $1.00

Now I know $1.00 is not a lot of money. In fact, had I been given the form to fill out, I would have contributed more than a dollar per week. However, they (management) never gave me one of those cards to fill out. So why do I now have a weekly deduction coming out of my paycheck? Could it have been a simple clerical error?...I suppose anything is possible. However given managements past actions and precedent, it is more likely and most probable that some member of my management team decided to falsify paperwork and decided that I can afford to give up a dollar a week.

So with that said and done, what is my recourse of action? Again, it's not the amount that bothers me. It's the principle of the matter.

I grew up an army brat and if there is one thing I wish UPS management would adopt, it is an honor code. "...will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do". - United State Military Academy West Point

It sounds like you have a bad attitude..You should just quit if you don't like it.....Just kidding! :happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
The UPS Code of Business Conduct may be viewed by anyone at ups.com.
Because you won't see it at work.

Ouch!!!!! (But funny!)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went online to UPSers today, as I do every Thursday, to view my pay stub. But today wasn't like every other Thursday. I found a new deduction listed. UNITED WAY... $1.00

I just started giving again to the United Way, and it was only because I liked my former supervisor who was doing the last United Way Drive. I signed up for a dollar a week, but when I looked on my "deposit advice" today, I found out I was giving two dollars a week. I used to give ten dollars a week a long time ago and designate it to certain charities, but I had quit giving anything for several years. I give to charities through my church and I also donate about a dozen weekends a year as a volunteer. While two bucks a week is almost nothing, the point that someone changed my pledge card ticks me off. I know I will give zilch next year.