Family and Friends

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Wow, wonderful.....................
and all that from an ole truck driver
Boy, now there is a visual.

Over, see what you have caused by not banning her early enough????:wink2:

Dil

Every person that comes into contact with us is an opportunity. Some people could care less.

One thing about the brown family, we might fight and blow off steam at each other, but let one hurt or be hurt, and the rest hurt with them.

I have had heated discussions with several, but if they needed help, most likely I would try to have their backs. Its our nature at brown.

And sometimes all we can offer is a shoulder to cry on and to listen.

You have been a blessing to others as well as others to you.

For that we thank you.

As for your popularity, too bad. For those that stand for their principles, popularity means nothing. Standing for your belief's is everything. So dont worry.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Dil

Every person that comes into contact with us is an opportunity. Some people could care less.

One thing about the brown family, we might fight and blow off steam at each other, but let one hurt or be hurt, and the rest hurt with them.

I have had heated discussions with several, but if they needed help, most likely I would try to have their backs. Its our nature at brown.

For that we thank you.

As for your popularity, too bad. For those that stand for their principles, popularity means nothing. Standing for your belief's is everything. So dont worry.

d

Danny, LOL on Over not banning me. Maybe he should have as I am in the mood to wax philosophical (as best as I can anyway):surprised:. As for being an ole truck driver, that's part of who I am. Been doing it for a very long time.

Sometimes all one needs is to have a shoulder to cry on, someone to listen and to know that a friend has their back.

The popularity thing, I know it means squat. Acceptance is a different story. Most everyone wants to be accepted for who they are, flaws and all. Part of that is acknowledging that that person exists. Saying, "hi, how ya doing". Without acknowledgement there is no acceptance. True, for some it means nothing, for others it means alot. Everyone is different. Part of that acceptance is allowing me to stand by my beliefs without judgement.

To those that I have been a blessing to, I am honored to have filled those shoes.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Soooo, did I hit the high bar?:happy-very:

I think you did!!!

I read the post Dill and had to think....... You are so rite, family and the closest of friends is all one needs in life. Material things mean nothing if you can't share with someone you care about! For me, it's my wonderful and beautiful wife Ashley ( AKA, MechanicForBrownsWife) She is my best friend and reading this tonight made me go give her the biggest hug and kiss. Made me appreciate her even more as a [-]friend[/-] no, a best friend first, wife second. Thanks Dilligaf for bringing me back down on my feet and loving what I have even more.

I sincerely look forward to more great posts from you, as well as some others. Congrats!:happy2:

tieguy

Banned

Dil

For that we thank you.

d

I probably would have responded sooner but I had to go to the bathroom and throw up after reading all this lovey dovey crap on this thread.

I've been the victim of her condescending lecturing as if she was born with some higher vision that just had to be shared with me even though I clearly indicated I had no interest in her wisdom.

I have been the victim of her and her internet boyfriends constant pack dog attacks as neither can apparently share their opinions on their own two feet.

i have witnessed her throw the friend-bomb around in the chat room in a fashion that would make many a fine sailor blush.

So yes I would be one poster here who sees through her canonizing that is currently taking place on this thread.

I appreciate her attempts to become such but I have been the victim of her failings too many times.

Ms Spoken

Dill,
When my mother passed away I found one of her books called "Big Hugs for Friends" and down deep in my heart I believe god was the reason I picked it up. Inside this book there was a page marked with a card on it that says "To my daughter count your blessings, not your worries I Love you so much" so I'm going to share this page she had marked with you.

The Scriptures say that God saved us "at just the right time" (Romans 5:6). He knows the importance of timing. That's why he sends us the friends we need at just the right time---to fill the gaps, hear our gripes, and strengthen us when we want to give up.

Is there anything more pleasant than the voice of a friend when we're feeling the full weight of failure and frustration?

Is there anything more comforting than the arm of a friend steadying us when we become weak-kneed from the stress and strain of life's weight on our shoulders? That helpful arm serves to remind us that we don't have to face tomorrow alone.

Friends seem to appear out of nowhere when we need them most--to reinforce us for unexpected or extended battle. They come to walk with us, side by side and step by step.

Every time a friend rescues us at just the right time, another memory is made. Celebrate those memories often. Above all, don't forget to thank God. He was the one who knew exactly the right time to send you a friend.

Happy 5000th post Dill

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I probably would have responded sooner but I had to go to the bathroom and throw up after reading all this lovey dovey crap on this thread.

I've been the victim of her condescending lecturing as if she was born with some higher vision that just had to be shared with me even though I clearly indicated I had no interest in her wisdom.

I have been the victim of her and her internet boyfriends constant pack dog attacks as neither can apparently share their opinions on their own two feet.

i have witnessed her throw the friend-bomb around in the chat room in a fashion that would make many a fine sailor blush.

So yes I would be one poster here who sees through her canonizing that is currently taking place on this thread.

I appreciate her attempts to become such but I have been the victim of her failings too many times.
It had been peaceful for awhile but I see you can't just leave things alone.
You have called Trp and me a liar, among other things. I called you on it and I proved it. You got what you deserved. You follow me into chat and accuse me of stalking you. You harrass and bully just like the piece of mgt you are. Anyone that was in chat that night knows what happened. You are right about one thing. I did use the friend-BOMB! I won't deny it. I DON'T LIE. I have not said one thing to you since you came into chat and harrassed me. Now you chose to throw insults again. And how clever of you to pick a post by Danny to do it. Am I being condescending enough yet? Are you gonna go hide in the corner and cry. That's where you deserve to be. Time out TIE!

It is sooooo sad that you have been the victim here. OMG, now I want to throw up. You have attacked so many posters in here. You don't see what you do, all you see is how wronged you have been by me and Trp. I am laughing my a&& off because we have done nothing but defend ourselves against you.

Your second paragraph is priceless. If you have no inetrest in my 'wisdom', then Tie please tell me, why did you even read this thread? It was clearly started by me. Shows that before you even click on it. Why are you even posting in here, if for no other reason than to attack me again. You are clearly the one that is stalking me. I have had enough of it. STAY AWAY FROM ME! I have not responded to anything you have posted in months and I like it that way. LEAVE ME ALONE! If you chose not to then it will be all out war. I will report every single time you even sound like you are slandering, harrassing, flaming anyone.

Let me make this perfectly clear for you TIE (you do understand english).

LEAVE ME ALONE. DO NOT TALK TO ME. DO NOT EVEN REFER TO ME. (I know you can do it. You have done just that for the last month or 2.) Am I getting through that think skull of yours or do I need to have it repeated by someone that has more authority than I do. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME PERIOD END OF SENTENCE AND END OF CLASS

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dill,
When my mother passed away I found one of her books called "Big Hugs for Friends" and down deep in my heart I believe god was the reason I picked it up. Inside this book there was a page marked with a card on it that says "To my daughter count your blessings, not your worries I Love you so much" so I'm going to share this page she had marked with you.

The Scriptures say that God saved us "at just the right time" (Romans 5:6). He knows the importance of timing. That's why he sends us the friends we need at just the right time---to fill the gaps, hear our gripes, and strengthen us when we want to give up.

Is there anything more pleasant than the voice of a friend when we're feeling the full weight of failure and frustration?

Is there anything more comforting than the arm of a friend steadying us when we become weak-kneed from the stress and strain of life's weight on our shoulders? That helpful arm serves to remind us that we don't have to face tomorrow alone.

Friends seem to appear out of nowhere when we need them most--to reinforce us for unexpected or extended battle. They come to walk with us, side by side and step by step.

Every time a friend rescues us at just the right time, another memory is made. Celebrate those memories often. Above all, don't forget to thank God. He was the one who knew exactly the right time to send you a friend.

Happy 5000th post Dill
Thank you Ms. That was beautiful! And very true.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

tie,
I think you missed the obvious here ... you are not a friend and probably not liked by dilli ... I have observed your and her interactions over time.
Are you mad because she did not include enemies and **** ******** in her her title?

This will be interesting to see how dilli responds since you seem to so easily goad her!!!

Added this:
I see dilli has already responded ...

tie ... if someone has indicated they don't like me, I leave them alone.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
tie,
I think you missed the obvious here ... you are not a friend and probably not liked by dilli ... I have observed your and her interactions over time.
Are you mad because she did not include enemies and **** ******** in her her title?

This will be interesting to see how dilli responds since you seem to so easily goad her!!!

Added this:
I see dilli has already responded ...

tie ... if someone has indicated they don't like me, I leave them alone.

I am grateful that you found the time to run to dillis defense and share your valuable insight with me. :peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
LEAVE ME ALONE. DO NOT TALK TO ME. DO NOT EVEN REFER TO ME. (I know you can do it. You have done just that for the last month or 2.) Am I getting through that think skull of yours or do I need to have it repeated by someone that has more authority than I do. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME PERIOD END OF SENTENCE AND END OF CLASS

Your saintliness I believe you were the one who ran in on another thread to the defense of the trolls? Yet you claim you would like to be left alone. Go figure

Your saintlyness I believe you forgot the friend-bombs. Do we need to go back to the chat room so you can show your true side your holiness?

Last edited:

Ms Spoken

Your saintlyness I believe you forgot the friend-bombs. Do we need to go back to the chat room so you can show your true side your holiness?

JMO but Dill was in no way being "holiness" in this thread. Come on Tie back down you could have picked a different thread than this one to slam Dill. I have a policy in my life and its call NO DRAMA.

tieguy

Banned
JMO but Dill was in no way being "holiness" in this thread. Come on Tie back down you could have picked a different thread than this one to slam Dill. I have a policy in my life and its call NO DRAMA.

We've had a truce of ignoring each other taking place She violated the truce when she jumped in to defend the trolls against me. Continue with your cannonization activities.

Ms Spoken

We've had a truce of ignoring each other taking place She violated the truce when she jumped in to defend the trolls against me. Continue with your cannonization activities.

Yes I'm Catholic but nowhere close to a saint for my "canonization (at least get the spelling correct) activities".

You overstepped IMO to post in this thread that is about family and friends. For the record I'm out of your DRAMA because Tie your like pissing on a fire that will never die down until you have had the last word. Flame on my friend, flame on.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

REBOOT
Continue on with family and friends thread.

Posted by Dilligaf

On 3/9/09 our very dear friend passed away. So I decided to dedicate my 5000th post to family and friends.

In recent months I have had the fortune of gaining a best friend and the misfortune of losing a very dear friend. There is symetry in this. I gained my best friend at a time when I didn't know I needed one. When I hadn't had one in a long time. I had forgotten what it was like to have a best friend. Then Ginny passed away, and I was very glad to have my best friend.

There are some here that have touched my life. Danny, the father and big brother of many. Trp, thanks for bringing back the little bit of country. Upstate, gotta read between the lines to see your sense of humor. Big, Your Garfield avatar so fits you. There are so many others, Tooner, Helen, DS (yes even you), AJ (you just crack me up), Fethr, Steven, Belle, Sat (BTW, forgive me for borrowing part of a recent post of yours), Over. There are many more, but the whole point is this: You never know who may have an impact on your life. Never turn down the opportunity to make new friends, they may eventually become part of your family. Sat posted this, which I thought very appropriate:

" In my dotage, I can only hope to be half as good as I was.
I view our Tete-a-tete (sp) as a shuffle board game.
I slide my puck down a narrow alley, to make a point, and my competitor on the other end has the exact same goal in mind.
After the match, we sit on deck chairs (with drinks in hand) and watch the sunset.
Tomorrow we will slide our pucks at each other in a new game, but in the end will sit and watch this day pass.:peaceful: "
Isn't this what being friends is all about?

Don't forget what's important in life. We all go to work and carp and complain and then go home and do the same thing. I don't have time for this or that, etc. And then one day something happens, and the world is changed forever. In the end work is just work and money can't buy what is important, family and friends.

I was kind of surprised Steve, that you started my 5000th thread. I know I am not not the most popular poster here, so thank you for thinking of me. And I know I put this thread in the wrong place and it will probably get moved. Oh well! I like it here.

Soooo, did I hit the high bar?:happy-very: