rickyb

icke110_01a.jpg

lincoln-statue-fasces.jpg

s-l300.jpg

jfk_fasces-270x359.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

24_2-ek4.jpg

roman_lictor_with_fasces.jpg

And with all the drippings of the Fasces, let us not forget the original proper salute to the flag when reciting the pledge to the flag. With all the originalism and longing for the old ways of doing things, I think we should resurrect this too!

220px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg
ive always found this post interesting, can you elaborate on some of it

rickyb

must watch. they talk about the christian right, alt right, militias, the economy, whats happened in other countries that went this path, what happened to russia in the 90s when life expectancy suddenly dropped and the americans controlled the economy there, etc. and of course fascism.

lets hope the town hall protests keep up and reform the system enough to keep the fascism at bay.

rickyb

newfie's latest thread "muslim beliefs" and how moreluck used to always post about all muslims being terrorists im guessing is not that much different than what nazis thought about jews before they started mass murders.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
newfie's latest thread "muslim beliefs" and how moreluck used to always post about all muslims being terrorists im guessing is not that much different than what nazis thought about jews before they started mass murders.
So now you can read the minds of dead people ?

rickyb

im not sure if this belongs in this thread, but the canadian donald trump has dropped out of hte race for prime minister. he had multiple tv shows (including a few shows on teh state channel) where he was allowed to say things like this:

"“Elect me as prime minister for 15 minutes. I will make unions illegal. Anybody who remains a union member will be thrown in jail.”Kevin O’Leary, likely Conservative leadership candidate, in 2011"

im not familiar with mussolini but perhaps they both felt the same way.

maybe after the housing bubble pops, canadian will be more "enlightened" to vote for their own benevolent dictator

rickyb

this professor talks about how the nazi's looked to inspiration to the american race laws.

"
Hitler’s Model/The Shape of a New Economy
Published by Skro35 at June 24, 2017
Categories
Tags
ep-171-1.jpg

Ralph talks to historian James Whitman about how the Nazis in the thirties modeled a lot of their racial policies on our very own Jim Crow laws and what that means for us today; and political economist Gar Alperovitz gives us an encouraging progress report on how the New Economy Movement is transforming the system.

James-Q-Whitman.jpg

James Q. Whitman is the Ford Foundation Professor of Comparative and Foreign Law at Yale Law School. His subjects are comparative law, criminal law, and legal history. His books include Harsh Justice, The Origins of Reasonable Doubt, The Verdict of Battle and the book we’re going to be discussing today, Hitler’s American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law.

“It’s regarded as deeply unacceptable for most Germans in most social and intellectual circles to suggest that there was any kind of shared responsibility for the Nazi crimes. Now, I don’t think there was any shared responsibility. My concern is with America’s responsibility and not with Germany’s. My concern is that the Germans will think that I am somehow trying to deflect responsibility for Nazi crimes from the Germans themselves. And that I don’t mean to do.” James Q. Whitman, author of Hitler’s American Model: The United States and the Making of Nazi Race Law"