Father-of-2 UPS driver, 42, is 'worked to death' after 12-hour shift posting up to 240 parcels a day

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Dec 22, 2019.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Father-of-two UPS driver, 42, is 'worked to death' after 12-hour shift posting up to 240 parcels a day in six-week run up to Christmas - Daily Mail

A UPS driver has collapsed and died after working a gruelling 12-hour shift for the logistics firm.

Father-of-two Paul Crush, 42, had a suspected heart attack at the company's depot in Stanford-le-Hope in Essex on Wednesday after delivering up to 240 parcels a day.

It is common for workers to take around 100 packages a day, but due to the Christmas push he had reportedly been posting more than 200 for the past six weeks.

2. This story doesn't make any sense .

Did they mean stops?
    240 packages is no big deal. 240 stops is a lot.

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Things must be different in England

4. yadadamean116

yadadamean116 Active Member

People have heart attacks all the time that do not deliver packages. Don’t blame this on ups

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  5. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

A heart attack at 42 from a 12 hour shift is a health problem, not a work problem unless said shift was extreme work. The UK in December is not 110 degrees F.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Terrible job of reporting. Someone didn't get the facts straight.

7. My wife was just asking me about that. I work plenty if 12 hour shifts, with lite more packages then that, plus I'm a lot older than him.

8. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

It's a tabloid hysterical attention-getter headline. "Worked to death" they should be ashamed of themselves.

RIP 42 year old, way too young.

9. sailfish

sailfish Duke of Douschebaggery

Well how much do you expect from the Daily Mail?

10. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Then again its probably more accurate reporting than what is available on the internet

11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

It’s not that common

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  12. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

I preferred The Sun, Page 3.(when it existed)

13. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

In my area, it would take almost 2 days to complete & I'm running until midnight to finish most of them

14. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Don't try to sugar coat this Tony. The company murdered that man.

15. Slacker

16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

12 hour? He was part-time?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

The split town they added to my core area has a tp60 parked in the municipal parking lot & has 2 PVDs working out of it.

A Honda sedan & a Ford explorer were seen driving around that remote town. Takes both of them until just past sundown to complete it.

TP-60

My volume is only about 20 - 30 stops daily, but it's a 3.5 hours a day just to service them first (a customer has a daily pickup out of his business in the backyard)

[​IMG]

If they take this split off me, I got a fighting chance to service my core zone in time

18. tonyexpress

tonyexpress Whac-A-Troll Patrol Staff Member

I detect a feeder man longing for the good old days. :teethy:

19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Actually, we had a long time package car driver go into feeders back when we were sending a trailer daily to a satellite center.

About two months in, he died of a heart attack lowering the legs at the dock.

If I remember, he was only in his fifties.

20. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

I’ve delivered 240 pieces by 10:30 a few times. Hope I don’t die on lunch one day.