Favorite Rumors of 2010

vantexan

1. New plan to top out mid range employees faster. Nope, they made it even longer. Can you say infinity?

2. A Democrat Congress was going to send a bill to a Democrat President that would allow us to unionize locally and get some relief. Gotta give the Republicans their due. If they say they're going to do it they will. Reminds me of John Kerry's response to a question when he ran for President. "You bet we might!"

Any others?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
1. New plan to top out mid range employees faster. Nope, they made it even longer. Can you say infinity?

2. A Democrat Congress was going to send a bill to a Democrat President that would allow us to unionize locally and get some relief. Gotta give the Republicans their due. If they say they're going to do it they will. Reminds me of John Kerry's response to a question when he ran for President. "You bet we might!"

Any others?

"Hope and Change" = "False Campaign Rhetoric and The SOS For Labor". "Thanks", Barack!!

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
"Hope and Change" = "False Campaign Rhetoric and The SOS For Labor". "Thanks", Barack!!

Maybe he naively started out with his heart in the right place. Maybe they weren't "romors" or meaningless rhetoric.
Maybe he hasn't been given much help.
That is plausible.
This administration has had much to prioritize. They've done a better job than I could've.
He hasn't done EVERYTHING wrong any more than d***-a**, I mean Bush, did.
The extremist view that a lotta people seem to have is IMO indicative of a lack of learning.
Not ability to learn, mind you. Ignorance caused by fear. IOM.

vantexan

Maybe he naively started out with his heart in the right place. Maybe they weren't "romors" or meaningless rhetoric.

Let's set aside the Democrat/Republican competition for a minute and look at it in terms of what it meant to FedEx employees. We know the Republicans aren't going to make it possible for us to unionize. So we had to count on the Democrats who controlled both the White House and Congress. They didn't come through. And their allies, the Teamsters, appear to be gutless wonders too. Lucky me, it'll only take me about 17 years from when I was rehired to make $20hr. And that's if FedEx doesn't reneg on the latest pay scheme.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's set aside the Democrat/Republican competition for a minute and look at it in terms of what it meant to FedEx employees. We know the Republicans aren't going to make it possible for us to unionize. So we had to count on the Democrats who controlled both the White House and Congress. They didn't come through. And their allies, the Teamsters, appear to be gutless wonders too. Lucky me, it'll only take me about 17 years from when I was rehired to make $20hr. And that's if FedEx doesn't reneg on the latest pay scheme.

Exactly. You get it. If profits dip, they'll do us wrong. Nothing new there.

ex fed exer

here's the bad part. knowing what you know now, are you going to vote for a republican president in 2012 or will you vote for obama just to sheild yourself from the republican piranhas?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
here's the bad part. knowing what you know now, are you going to vote for a republican president in 2012 or will you vote for obama just to sheild yourself from the republican piranhas?

Palin/Beck in 2012!!! Yeah!! The Democratic "dream" ticket. Whomever the Republicans put out there, they'll probably be completely crazy and easy to knock-off. The Tea Party is doing a great job of splitting them apart. I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama. Too bad Hillary got defeated in the primary because she's got the set of cajones Obama has in a jar next to his bed.

FedExer267

If the Republicans waste their time trying to repeal Health Care as they have stated I dont see them winning much support for 2012.
It has passed lets move on and take care of bigger issues like unemployement. If they waste the next two years fighting Obama on Health Care I am pretty sure the American People will speak again. We are all tired of the crap we need change not bickering.

bbsam

Staff member
Favorite rumor: Anything posted by Ricochet1a. Actually I did like his perspective. Where did he go?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

"read my lips.....NO NEW TAXES!!" lol Sorry, couldn't help myself. Here's the Fred version.. "read my lips...NO UNION, NO TOPOUT PAY, PAY MORE FOR LESS COVERAGE INSURANCE, SCREW THE LITTLE PEOPLE THAT PAY MY PITTANCE OF A SALARY..THEY NEED TO SUCK IT UP..PANSIES...SHEESH..IS THIS THING ON??..HEY MT3, WTH IS THE DEAL WITH THE HANDS, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LEFT, KNUCKLE, LEFT, BOTH...WE DISCUSSED THIS AT LENGTH, REMEMBER YOU HIT OUR HEAD UNDER THE DE---I MEAN SLAPPED THE DESK LAUGHING"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"read my lips.....NO NEW TAXES!!" lol Sorry, couldn't help myself. Here's the Fred version.. "read my lips...NO UNION, NO TOPOUT PAY, PAY MORE FOR LESS COVERAGE INSURANCE, SCREW THE LITTLE PEOPLE THAT PAY MY PITTANCE OF A SALARY..THEY NEED TO SUCK IT UP..PANSIES...SHEESH..IS THIS THING ON??..HEY MT3, WTH IS THE DEAL WITH THE HANDS, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LEFT, KNUCKLE, LEFT, BOTH...WE DISCUSSED THIS AT LENGTH, REMEMBER YOU HIT OUR HEAD UNDER THE DE---I MEAN SLAPPED THE DESK LAUGHING"

MT3 is really a marionette, hence the abbreviation for his name. If you look closely, you can see the strings. Dave Bronczek is a sock puppet, and you don't want to know where Fred puts his hand to make Dave "move".