favorite truck

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
4642971727_c56c295c4b.jpg

Can't we all just get along?

images

4642971727_c56c295c4b.jpg

Alleycar

that truck is exactly like the one I was talking about, even the back half of it looks really similar. The driver that uses that one gets it in the winter and uses a regular 6 cube in the summer.

Alleycar

Perhaps the problem with the modified pick-up is the surface area of the custom package compartment coupled with the relative light weight of the 3/4-1 ton chassis? At least compared the the weight of say 6 cube.

overflowed

Perhaps the problem with the modified pick-up is the surface area of the custom package compartment coupled with the relative light weight of the 3/4-1 ton chassis? At least compared the the weight of say 6 cube.
Exactly what I was getting at. Wouldn't want to drive across a bridge empty with a 40 mile per hour gust. Your whale ass will push you all over the place.

bbsam

Staff member
I'd figure quite a bit lighter. Maybe I'm wrong ? You seem to think you know everything. Your telling me that thing is heavier than a w700?

Lighten up Francis. I'm just saying that any big billboard like vehicle is going to catch the wind. But the relative weight distribution is actually carried quite low and toward the front of a pickup. So intact the added weight of the box with any necessary spring upgrades would probably constitute a fairly stable platform. Really nothing top heavy about them unless you overweight the back end from ceiling to floor.

overflowed

Lighten up Francis. I'm just saying that any big billboard like vehicle is going to catch the wind. But the relative weight distribution is actually carried quite low and toward the front of a pickup. So intact the added weight of the box with any necessary spring upgrades would probably constitute a fairly stable platform. Really nothing top heavy about them unless you overweight the back end from ceiling to floor.
So you say, Leaf in the wind.