Feb 1 pay increase

fres431

Anyone get their semi annually pay raise per new national contract on feb 1?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1423773242.896200.jpg

Payroll have their head up their $&$ again?

fres431

Call it what you want but what I read is " In each of the years, the increase shall be paid in two(2) equal installments. The first half of the increase shall become effective on August 1 of the specified year. The second half of theincrease shall become effective on February 1 of the following calendaryear." So please tell me how that clearly states 1st 3yrs are paid on 8/1. Payroll does have their heads up their butts because they(in Texas)don't know the NorCal supplemental wage rates for bike routes and 6th and 7day punches. You my friend may not know all the problems we have been experiencing in CA. So like I said call it what ya want your entitled to your opinion.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Call it what you want but what I read is " In each of the years, the increase shall be paid in two(2) equal installments. The first half of the increase shall become effective on August 1 of the specified year. The second half of theincrease shall become effective on February 1 of the following calendaryear." So please tell me how that clearly states 1st 3yrs are paid on 8/1. Payroll does have their heads up their butts because they(in Texas)don't know the NorCal supplemental wage rates for bike routes and 6th and 7day punches. You my friend may not know all the problems we have been experiencing in CA. So like I said call it what ya want your entitled to your opinion.
Not how it works. To help you out:
Aug. 1, 2013. .70 raise
Aug. 1, 2014. .70 raise
Aug. 1, 2015. .70 raise
Aug. 1, 2016. .40 raise
Feb. 1, 2017. .40 raise
Aug. 1, 2017. .50 raise
Feb. 1, 2018. .50 raise.

Hope that helps you out.

Oak

I'm betting the OP is still in progression and is confused due to getting a pay bump on his/her anniversary date, then getting a another (less than 70 cents) raise in August. The raise in August is the balance of the $0.70 that was left over from the progression raise.

This, of course, doesn't change the fact that his/her first version of the National Master Agreement is INDEED missing words.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I find it hard to believe that NorCal has inferior language to the NMA, as in your first post. In post #4, which seems to be a tentative agreement copy, it matches what I recently downloaded (a final copy). That says what everyone else posting on this thread is saying; first 3 years are Aug 1, last 2 are Aug 1 (2016 & 2017) & Feb 1 (2017 & 2018).

I think you are looking at some first draft copy which doesn't apply, maybe I'm wrong. If you have a hard copy, check that. And check with your steward/business agent.

fres431

Thank you Hondo, I pulled this 1st draft from a couple sources including teamsters. No I'm not still in. 3yr probationary period. Yes parts of are NorCal states Sunday punch all double time 6day punch is 1.5x pay after 8 double time 7day punch is to be paid at double time. All bike routes during Xmas are to get too driver rate unless your in driver progression you are to get your driver progression rate, instead of the helper rate at &15.2. Bike route will no longer start ground progression as it did in 2011. We are permitted 2 15 breaks and 1 hr lunch as well some districts I believe only get 1 15

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What ever contract you got is missing a few words in it. The first three years are paid on Aug 1st . Last two years are broken up Aug1st - Feb1st
Yep and if you do the math the 80 cent split raise costs the company less for that year than a 70 cent all in one chunk feb raise does.