FedEx "Benefits"

Serf

We just had a meeting to talk about the SFA results. All the managers did better than the previous year. With the help of throwing a little overtime at people, mixed in with Bravo Zulu awards being thrown at people who did nothing to merit the beer money award. Shaking hands, and kissing babies. If employee turnover does not erode and kill you at first, maybe smart and rational people will realize that the benefits are laughable, and it would not be worth working for the company to have them. But on a lighter note, a former courier at our station who became and RTD and had Express pay for his CDL, has secured employment elsewhere. His text message read "Bro, 2$ more an hour to start and I'm home by 5 everyday, weekends off! Lol."

morgan

I actually took the pre surgery questionnaire which puts $400 into your hra upping it to $800 total. anything you can do to get something from this company is good. it doesn't make up for all the things they've taken away over the years, but at least its something.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Correct. Plenty to lower Fedex's costs. None to lower ours.

These are free programs that improve your health and, in turn, cut your costs considerably.

Oh wait, unless you count the $400 credit you would get for filling out what is probably an invasive survey.

Sounds like easy money.

If anyone wants to be fat and smoke (despite free programs to help them do the opposite) to protest their unhappiness with our insurance plan, you have my full support. I need as many of you to die before the age of 62 as possible in order to preserve my Social Security benefits.

SmithBarney

These are free programs that improve your health and, in turn, cut your costs considerably.

Sounds like easy money.

If anyone wants to be fat and smoke (despite free programs to help them do the opposite) to protest their unhappiness with our insurance plan, you have my full support. I need as many of you to die before the age of 62 as possible in order to preserve my Social Security benefits.

I'm all for increased costs for smokers,

but there is no way to cut our costs... 30+% of take home pay is your out of pocket maximum.
$9600 for a family IIRC yeah FedEx is doing us a REAL FAVOR by picking the worst plan offered. All of our Doctors office staff say the same thing.. "you haven't met your deductible yet, this is the highest deductible I've seen" etc etc... At least with our low pay we qualify for medicaid...how sad. The medicaid office sees my paycheck and asks if I'm part time... I'M NOT.

CJinx

The survey isn't that bad... but if you take it, their reps will ring your phone weekly trying to get you to sign up for one-on-one coaching for whatever ails you. They'll eventually stop once you give them an earful.;)