FedEx courier

fedexdave

A full time job posting says CDL courier with hazmat... swing shift .
I have both is this a tractor trailer job ? I hear this job pays about $17/hr

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

No. It's a courier job requiring you to work splits. You would either work on AM side splitting to PM or vice versa. If you want to have a life during the week, don't take it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know if this is the same job but locally there is an Express driver who starts around 2pm, does some delivering and pickups, goes back to the station and then drives the trailer over to Burlington.

R

RuralRoute

If I had a CDL with Haz endorsement, I'd be driving for some oil rigging or fracking sand company. That's where the money is!

R

RuralRoute

Upstate, I couldnt make a story up if I tried. Never did well in school when it came to "creative writing." I'm a terrible liar, just ask my wife!

fedexdave

I done like otr miss my family so I came off the road got a part time job at express but if I have to otr again I will thanks . The job is on jcats2

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I done like otr miss my family so I came off the road got a part time job at express but if I have to otr again I will thanks . The job is on jcats2

It's not a tractor trailer job. It's a courier job. Big you're looking for a tractor trailer job, look for RTD, ramp transport driver. That's assuming you're talking about Express.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
congrats on "get the big picture"

hey, how about custom critical? but that's run by subcontractors... so the pay may be a deterrent ~ nevermind

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The transportation industry sucks as a whole, regardless. If you're young and masochistic and really want to do this sort of crap, then yes - go Brown.

But really, the whole biz is best left avoided.

(OTR - ughhhh...perhaps once upon a time when a guy could run hard for several years, make a killing and then retire or do something else. But these days OTR is just a drudgery with too many rules and regs and not nearly enough compensation for the [lack of] life you have.)